Twins Birthday

(No one's POV)

"XIAO! AETHER!" Lumine screams, running up to the two boys. She embraces Aether in a tight hug, basically choking him.

"Lumine..." Aether coughs out, not being able to breathe. Xiao finds himself getting defensive and pulls her off of him when he starts turning blue.

"ITS SO GOOD TO SEE YOU TWO AGAIN!" she cheers. Xiao gives her a nod while Aether chuckles. He must be used to his sisters behavior by now that this doesn't even surprise him.

"Lumi....welcome back" Aether smiles. He's still a little distant from his sister, and I'm not really surprised by that.

"Thanks...Aeth" she smiles back.

Everyone brings Lumine and Aether to the Harbor and surprises them with the party.

(Aethers POV)

"WOW!" Lumine yells. She runs around a bit with me in tow, Xiao not far behind.

"Lumine, where are you taking me? Everyone's over there" I point. She looks back at me then to Xiao.

"Sooooo, wanna tell if it happened" she winked, pointing between Xiao and I, an evil smirk on her face. I get what's she's saying and walk over to Xiao, lightly kissing his neck. His face erupts into a bright red and turns around to hide his face.

"He confessed" I snicker. Lumine's eyes turn into stars and she's squealing with excitement.

"CONGRATULATIONS! XIAO IM SO PROUD OF YOU!" she yells running over to my now boyfriend. Xiao seems embarrassed, but he's pretty good at hiding it, at least from Lumine that is.

"Thank you Traveler" he answers. She smiles, happy that Xiao is not afraid of his karma around me and finally found someone to spend his time with.

"Now, your friends are gonna start wondering where you went, you should head back" I chuckle. She smirks and grabs onto me.

"Silly, it's a party for you too. It wouldn't make sense if it was just me there" she laughs. I smile at her and grab onto Xiaos hand, all three of us making our way back over to the party.

"Traveler, Travelers Brother, Adeptus Xiao! Welcome back!" Xiangling yells, waving over to us.

"I can't thank you all enough for this party. Im so grateful" Lumine smiles. Everyone in the party starts laughing and we all begin to have fun. I walk over to one of the food stalls and look around at it.

"What to get? Im really hungry" I mumble. I start wandering around, looking for a stall that has appetizing food. Xiao decided that he would watch from a distance....again. I guess he still isn't comfortable enough to stay in an area with so many mortals. That fear of hurting them with his karma must really put a damper on him.

As I continue to scout around the food area, I bump into something and hear a scream, both of us fall to the ground. When I open my eyes, I see a girl rubbing her head, she must have hit it on the ground.

"Sorry!" I shout, helping her up. I look at her head, "Shit, you're bleeding".

I help her up and support her wobbly body.

"I-I'm okay...just a little dizzy" she smiles, clearly not being okay at all. She only looks to be about 16. I bring her over to a bench and sit her down.

"T-thank you very mu...ch" she giggles. I tell her to stay there while I go and grab some bandages for her head. I may want to destroy Teyvat and be the leader of the Abyss, but I'm not so heartless that I would leave a teenage girl to bleed out and die.

Once I get back, I wrap her head up. It was really bleeding a lot. I'm still surprised that she hasn't passed out yet.

"You should be more careful" I mumble. She looks up at me with friendly eyes.

"I'm sorry. I was just really excited" she whispers, holding up a gift, "I wanted to give the Traveler and her brother a gift". I widen my eyes in surprise. She wanted to give me a gift too, not just Lumine. I feel myself smiling.

"Thank you very much for the gift" I laugh. She looks at confused for a moment before her face erupts in color.

"OMG! IM SO SO SORRY! I DIDN'T MEAN TO BUMP INTO YOU! I HAD NO IDEA YOU WERE THE BIRTHDAY BOY! FORGIVE ME!" she screams, very clearly embarrassed. I can't help but chuckle. She's quite funny.

"It's fine, I know you didn't mean to".

She smiles and gives me the gift. I decide to open it right on the spot.

"Wow..." I whisper. Im completely dumbfounded. The gift was a beautiful hair-tie.

"I had heard from some people that you wear your hair in a braid so I thought this would be a good gift to give you" she smiles, fidgeting around from nervousness.

"Thank you. This is an amazing gift. I'll use it a lot".

"REALLY!" she cheers, her face lighting up. Both of us hang out for the rest of the party. She showed me some good food and some fun things to do around the Harbor. Her name turned out to be Zyra. We agreed to be friends and meet up every now and then.

"Goodbye Aether!" she waves, heading back to her house for the night. I wave back and begin making my way back to the Inn. Lumine was still having fun with her friends, but I just wanted to go back and see Xiao again.

When I come through the entrance Verr Goldet greets me as I make my way up the stairs to see my little Yaksha.

"Xiao~ Im back~" I coo. I walk into the room and to my surprise I don't see him.

After some looking I still can't find him. I thought he might have left to go kill some monsters, but I feel a weight in my arms. When I look down I see Xiao cuddled up in my arms.

"Xiao! There you are! Where were you?" I question. Xiao looks up at me and he has a murderous intent in his eyes.

"Aether....."

"Who was that girl?"