The Aftermath

Hi hi! Welcome back to another chapter! I really like this chapter because I finally get to write a lot about the Clingyduo and their friendship and we get to know a little more about Dream's power! This chapter kinda reminds me of my best friend and I in the beginning because we comfort each other a lot LMAO ( you know who you are :D ) but yea! I hope you all enjoy! (Credits to my bestie for an idea for this chapter LMAO)

TW: mentions of childhood abuse (not too bad) stay safe everyone <3

It was eleven-forty-three in the morning, the sun beaming brightly in between the curtains. Since it was Saturday, Tommy and Tubbo had no work, so they could sleep in as late as they wanted to.

Tommy was just sleeping peacefully until he woke up to the sound of loud crying next to him. Tommy rubbed his eyes to make his vision more clear, and immediately looked down at his best friend.

Tubbo was crying. He was crying in his sleep. Tommy didn't like when Tubbo cried. Every time Tubbo cries, Tommy immediately comforts him in the best ways possible. His eyes widened looking down at his best friend and immediately shook him gently.

"Wake up Tubs...it's okay.." Tommy said in a soft tone. You can hear a bit of worry in his voice as well. Tubbo immediately woke up by the shook and started to cry more, whimpering. He immediately got pulled into a comforting hug by Tommy.

"Hey hey hey shhh..you're okay Tubs...Tom is here...you're safe now. It was just a nightmare.." Tommy said in a soft comforting tone while rubbing circles on Tubbo's back slowly. Tubbo liked whenever Tommy did that on his back when he was upset. He liked the feeling of it.

Tubbo just nodded slowly while hiccuping, crying into Tommy's shoulder. Tommy just continued to rub circles on Tubbo's back slowly while holding him closer every second.

"Shhh..you're okay..you're safe..you're safe with me..it was just a nightmare. It wasn't real. Take deep breathes for me, yeah?" Tommy continued to say comforting things while Tubbo started to calm down a bit, taking deep breathes, realizing that he's okay. He's safe in Tommy's arms. From the corner of Tommy's right eye, he sees Tubbo wipe his tears away from his ocean blue eyes.

"You're safe now I promise. I'm a big man. The big man will protect you at all costs." Tommy said. That made Tubbo chuckle.

"Thank you Toms.." Tubbo said as he gave the tall boy a light smile.

"No need to thank me Tubs. Would you like to talk about the nightmare or nah?" Tommy said with curiosity.

Tubbo made the face he makes when he thinks about something and looked away from Tommy. He thought for a moment, then looked back at his best friend.

"I mean," Tubbo began. "...it's about you know who.."

Tommy sighed and said worriedly, "Schlatt..?"

Schlatt is a nickname for Jschlatt, Tubbo's father. When Tubbo was just a kid, his mother left him with his father because apparently she couldn't stand staying with Schlatt. He was an alcoholic, and whenever he would drink too much, he would abuse Tubbo, and leave scar after scar on Tubbo's body not realizing what he was doing. When Tubbo became eighteen, he moved out. He couldn't stand living with his alcoholic father anymore. He couldn't deal with his father's abuse anymore. Tubbo is now nineteen. Just a year older than Tommy, so he moved out a year ago, and since then, he hasn't seen his father at all.

"Bingo.." Tubbo said nervously. "It's one of those nightmares I've had in the past where he would uhm...abuse me..you know.."

Tommy's eyes widened and immediately pulled Tubbo close again for another hug. "I'm so sorry you had to go through that Tubs..you shouldn't have to go through another nightmare like that.."

Tubbo hugged Tommy back and just stayed there for a bit, not saying another word, enjoying his best friend's comfort and warmth. He then pulled away from the hug and looked up at Tommy.

"I-It's fine, really..." Tubbo said.

"No it's not Tubs..it's not okay..you haven't gotten a nightmare like that since a couple months ago. Why are you all the sudden getting it again..?" Tommy said with concern in his voice.

Tubbo whimpered at the thought. "I dunno.."

Tommy stayed quiet for a moment, then responded. "Well...I'm glad that everything is okay now...I do want to mention something though.."

Tubbo looked up at him, "What's up?"

Tommy sighed, "Don't you think it's kinda weird that the Dream Team just left us off the hook without putting up a fight or hurting us at all? You would think they would do at least something, right?"

"I mean," Tubbo said while thinking. "You're not wrong..do you think they might be planning something..?"

Tommy shrugged his shoulders. "I dunno, but we might be fucked because they know your identity and where we live."

"Mhm.." Tubbo said with a bit of worry. "I'm sure we'll be fine though..I don't think they would actually reveal vigilantes faces..the only thing they really want to reveal is the hero's identities and everything about them.."

"True." Tommy said with less worry in his voice. "We're probably fine."

Tubbo nodded in agreement and smiled as he hugged Tommy again, being clingy like he always is.

                                                :)

Blaze and 404 walked into the abandoned facility after robbing a bank and saw Dream laughing evilly.

"What's so funny Clay?" 404 said curiously.

Dream turned around with a smirk on his face, not having his mask on. "You would not believe what I just did."

Blaze raised an eyebrow, "What did you do now?"

Dream's smirk widened to the question. "Since Theseus and Bombuster didn't accept our offer to join us, I may or may not have used my power on Bombuster as the start of our revenge. I made him have a nightmare about his abusive father, and let me tell you it was the most funniest memory I have ever seen so far. Bombuster looked so pathetic when he was a little kid. He really needed to suck it up."

404 chuckled at that, "That's amazing Clay!"

Dream giggled evilly, "Thank you! I'm such a genius, I know." Dream said sarcastically.

"Well," Blaze chimed in, "Don't you think that was a little unnecessary, Dream? You don't have to hurt the kid just because he and Theseus didn't want to accept our offer. It was their decision after all."

Dream gave Blaze a slight glare from the corner of his eye. "Oh don't become so soft, Sapnap. This is just the beginning of it. I have more plans up my sleeve." He said as he turned to face Sapnap face to face. "I don't know what's gotten into you lately, but don't be so soft for the two teenage kids. They're powerful, and they could be useful.~"

Sapnap glared at Dream. "I'm not becoming soft for them. It's just very unnecessary how you're doing all of this just because they didn't accept our offer. You're being ridiculous."

Dream glared more at Sapnap, "I would watch what you say, Sapnap. I could easily kick your ass, and you know that." Dream snapped.

Sapnap gulped a bit knowing that Dream is right. He rolled his eyes and walked away from the two villains.