(22) 𝐎𝐔𝐓 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐐𝐔𝐀𝐂𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐐𝐔𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍

"I'm sorry, Velvet, but what did you just say?" You sweated, slowly scooping away from the velvet headed demon.

She grinned, cupping your cheeks. "I. Want. You."

Valentino cringed. "Really Velvet darlin'? You're pressuring the poor, delicate butterfly."

You shot a glare at Valentino, which caught him off guard. Delicate? Butterfly?! Well, I'll be sure to kick his ass delicately.

You snapped out of your intrusive thoughts and placed your focus back on Velvet.

"Velvet, I- I have to go. This is all great and all, but.. I have other things to do.." You were obviously lying. You had nothing to do back at the castle. You just wanted to get out of the mildly awkward situation. Classic you.

Velvet frowned. "Well, I can't keep you here forever now, can I? But let's take one more selfie before you leave. You know, for the low life social media addicts."

Velvet pulled out her phone and took a quick selfie. She took it so quickly that you didn't even have time to do a cute pose.

You stood up and waved goodbye awkwardly at her, "Thanks for today, Vel." You noticed that she was staring into your eyes deeply. "Vel? Do you uh need something..?"

She shook her head, "All I need is you in my bed, Y/n," She purred, biting her lower lip. You cringed a bit, "Oh, come on, Vel, really?"

She laughed at your response, wiping a fake tear out of her eye. "You're so fucking cute. How is it that you manage to fuck everything up but still look good. You are so fucking hot, period."

You giggled, "Really? Wow, what a compliment. That's a, um, well unique way of telling someone how good they look. It's a bit personal, but thanks."

"You're leaving already? But you haven't even met Vox yet. I'm sure he misses you." Velvet said.

"Vox? Miss me? I don't think he even remembers who I am." You clarified, laughing a bit. Velvet shrugged, "Okay then. Thanks for coming by...I don't usually invite random Overlords to the studio, but hey, you're cool. I'll make sure to tag you in my post later."

Velvet gave you a small kiss on your cheek, leaving a lipstick stain on it.

She enthusiastically waved you a goodbye. You waved back, heading towards the Exclusive elevator. You stood in front of the elevator, waiting for it to arrive. You heard a small 'tch' come out of someone's lips. You looked to your right to see Vox scrolling through his phone, seemingly waiting for the elevator to arrive.

A small sound tinged when the elevator arrived. Both of you lifted up your heads to see the elevator doors wide open. As you walked in, your shoulder and Vox's bumped into each other, making him annoyed.

"Which floor?" You asked as the both of you were now inside the elevator. He didn't answer, but instead, he pressed the floor himself. You felt as if you could evaporate just from embarrassment. He arrived at his floor and got out, leaving you alone in the awkward silence. The elevator door closed again, sending you all the way to the ground floor.

The doors opened, and you stepped out of the memorable elevator.

You proceeded to exit the building and called a cab, heading back to the castle.

----------

You reached the castle, but something was bothering you. You felt a strange presence.
A shiver went down your spine.

You could feel that no one else was in the castle except for the presence you felt. You stayed inside the cab, confused.

"Fucking hell. Couldn't you hurry up a bit?! You aren't the only fucking costumer I have to fucking serve." The taxi driver growled impatiently.