Seasons of Love Part 12

Part twelve:

We reached the jewelry showroom and I got down first from the car. Rudra too got down and both of us waited for VK as he parked the car. Rudra looked at me from the corner of his eyes. I turned my face towards him and said, "What eh? What is so interesting in my face? See clearly. Don't have to stress your eyes so much."

"Hey, please I was not looking at your face, okay?", he replied.

"Such a big liar you are.", I snapped at him.

VK came and we stopped before he could catch us fighting.

"Woah! You guys look serious? Any problem?", VK asked looking at both of us.

He could read facial expressions very well so our pretence as if nothing happened, was in vain.

"VK, let's finish our work fast. We have to return.", I said changing the topic.

VK shrugged his shoulders and said, "Yeah right. Let's go in."

We entered the the showroom and directly headed towards the wedding collection section. VK asked the man to show him some platinum rings. The man laid in front of the best of the collection. My eyes gleamed! The rings were so beautiful. VK asked me to choose one, and honestly, it was the most difficult job. I finally, selected two and asked VK to choose one from them. Rudra was standing behind us. He was busy on his phone. I didn't understand why did he even come with us.

Ads by FindBestDealAd Options

VK looked at the rings confusingly and bit his lower lip. He looked at me and said, " If you were to choose one ring for your engagement and knowing that it's the sign of love you will receive from your life partner, which will be with you for an entire lifetime...which one would you choose?"

His words gave me goosebumps. His thoughts were so deep. I realised love was so beautiful but when we love the correct person. I looked at VK without any expression on my face and replied, "I would have selected anyone because the beauty of the ring is incomplete unless it is put into the finger by the person who vows to live with you loving you through all thick and thin." Tears touched my cheeks. I wiped my eyes quickly so that no one else notices. VK kept the ring in his right hand back into the tray. He gave the other ring to the man and asked him to pack it.

I got up from the chair and stood looking away. Rudra was looking at me. I didn't want to show him my weaker side. VK made the necessary payment and we left the showroom. Rudra drove the car back to Adhikary Mansion. I remained silent this time as well. We reached within twenty minutes. VK and I got down while Rudra parked the car. I was entering the gate when VK said, "Shehnaya, you have love within yourself. A lot of love. And for the first time you have let it out today."

I turned back and looked at him. He smiled at me and continued, "You know, I believe there are five seasons of love. Winter, spring, summer, monsoon and autumn. Winter is the time when we feel lost and hopeless in love. We become cold and numb. But this time we slowly begin to feel the love within us. Once we fall in love, it's spring. Everything looks so pleasant. Every love story has a summer where love is there in abundance but there are heated up arguments, misunderstandings and scuffles. Then comes the monsoon when all this bitterness is washed away by the showers of love. We settle down with the person we love after realising that no matter what, we can't live without each other. It's autumn then which lasts for a lifetime. There are five season of Love."

I looked at VK with confusion. He said, "I am heading towards the autumn season of my love story. And you are stuck in the fog of the cold winter. Wait for the sunshine of spring." He winked like always and moved into the house. I stood there trying to register in my mind what he just said. He was talking about the seasons of love. Probably what he said was correct. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath and exhaled. There were pending works. I decided not to disturb my mind anymore. I too went straight into the house.

Tania was busy making garlands with the old maid. She saw me and called me, "Come fast. Join us. We need to make 150 garlands."

I looked at her with amusement, "One fifty!! Why so many?", I asked.

"We have to decorate the stage.", said the lady.

I joined them in the process.

It was fun helping in the little arrangements. Tania and I threw flowers at each other and laughed. The old lady too laughed. Three of us finished making 150 garlands in an hour.

VK came to call us for lunch. We didn't notice it was 2 o'clock. A few more hours for the engagement. We went to the garden area where others were seated.

"Hey wait", Tania suddenly pulled my hand and said.

"What happened?", I asked.

"Look Param is here. Why is he sitting there with Rudra to eat? He is the owner of Param's Kitchen. He will too eat here?", Tania asked me in whispers.

"Uff! Chuck it. I am hungry, please can we go and eat?", I said.

We both sat at a corner. The caterer started serving us. VK too came and sat with Rudra and Param.

"Enjoy girls, you have worked a lot.", VK said to us.

"Surely VK. We are enjoying.", Tania replied and giggled. I just smiled.

We started eating. Suddenly Rudra started coughing badly. He had choked himself as he was eating and talking at the same time. The table next to me had the glasses of water. Since there was no one around, I got up and offered him a glass of water. He took it from my hand and drank. VK and Param patted his back. I got back to my place. He calmed down in a few seconds.

"Shehnaya...", he called out suddenly.

I looked up.

"Thank you.", he said and smiled.

I replied without any expression on my face, "Welcome."

Tania elbowed me from the side. I looked at her and said quietly, "Don't do that idiot."

She smirked devilishly.

To be continued...

Jaismita Alexander