seventeen

e.

I honestly couldn't be more shocked by how tonight went.

I was so worried about having my parents sat at the dinner table with Harry, Louis, Olive, Niall, Zayn, Millie, Veronica, Sage, and I but surprisingly it went better than I ever could've expected.

The entire time, I was worried that one of those fucking idiots would end up saying something about my terrible criminal history or Harrys that would have my parents screaming at me but thankfully, they all listened for once when I told them to do something. 

Everyone was actually laughing and having a great time together. Even my mother and father were laughing and cracking jokes with everyone and I actually had a decent time. Even though most of the time everyone was spilling shit about me, it was all lighthearted stuff and it was a great.

Harry seemed to have a blast with everyone too. He was doing that high pitched cackle that I love so much and he was even holding his stomach from laughing so god damn hard. Just hearing Harrys laugh make me crack up so half the time I was laughing at him.

I wish times were like that more often but unfortunately it can't always happen. I must admit, it was nice having such a nice night like that with everyone. The laughs, the drinks, the food, the careless energy. I think we all needed that after all of the stress we've all been through the past couple of weeks. We especially needed that before everything with Mortem goes to absolute shit.

The upcoming war with Renascent and Inprobus against Mortem has been creeping up and it's having everyone on edge.

We've all been watching the news, seeing the terror and destruction that Mortem is leaving in all of these towns and cities. Families, buildings, and humanity being completely ruined in their wake. It's fucking heartbreaking to see but if anything, it's giving everyone even more motivation to take them down. 

The shit that the public is seeing in the news though isn't even the worst of it. I've been staying in contact with the local sherriffs of some towns Mortem has taken over and even the fucking government. They have been updating me on shit that they aren't allowing the public to hear.

They know about my plans to take down Mortem and the government offered supplies and transportation if I needed it but there is no way in hell I'm going to take it. If they want to use their supplies then how about they use their own men for it. This never would've happened if they would've taken care of Mortem a long time ago.

Besides, who knows if the government would end up fucking me in the ass in the end. Either way, it's not a risk I'm willing to take.

Right now, I just need to figure out what the fuck to do with my parents. More like figure out what to say to them. 

Now that dinner is done, everyone is gone from the table and back to their rooms for the night.

Louis and Olive are now sharing his room while Veronica and Sage are sharing the room Harry was originally supposed to stay in. Zayn and Millie are in Millie's room that's across from mine and Niall is now sleeping on the couch in the living room, snoring his head off with a blanket that Harry draped over him.

As for me, I am sat in my office with my mother and father while mentally preparing myself for this conversation.

I am sat in one of my large lounge chairs as my parents are sat across from me on the sofa.

Harry wanted to be with me while I had this talk with them but considering the tension between him and my father, I ruled that it wouldn't be a good idea and I sent him to bed.

I don't even know how I'm supposed to start a conversation like this though. I'm usually good at shit like this but this type of conversation is completely different. I have to hide what I truly do and it's going to be hard to keep up with a lie to cover up the true reason why they are here against their will.