Never give up chapter 1

Chapter 1

It was four in the morning when I got up. I was getting ready for the big trip that was planned for tonight. I was going to Tampa, Florida this summer with my brother and his friend Kevin who I had a major crush on. My mom thought I was crazy to go with Aram and Kevin but I begged to go for more than two months. My dad was working with the new pack that came from another location so he didn't care as long as Aram was with me. I told myself I was going to shift soon hopefully when we got to Florida. I'm seventeen and still haven't shifted yet! My mom said slow and steady always wins the race but I just wanted to get it over with already and find my mate! I took a shower and got dressed and ran down stairs trowing my bags by the door.  

"Ready much?" Kevin laughed seeing my exited face.  

Kevin was like another brother to me and he was my protector when my brother wasn't around. Kevin was really hot, he was at least 6,4 with dirty blond hair and a small shadow which I loved on him. He had the perfect sky blue eyes which I could gaze into all night and day but the problem was all the pack girls were always around him and I thought he never noticed me so I thought I didn't had a chance.  

"Ready as all ever be," I smiled walking into the dark kitchen to find a glass.  

I was kinda short but I thought of myself tall but Kevin and Aram always teased me and called me shorty or munchkin.  

I tried to reach for a cup but my fingers let it slip making it fall.  

"Careful," Kevin said right in time to grab the large cup.  

"How did you do that?" I asked in amazement that he grabbed the mug putting it on the counter.  

"Munchkin did you forget I'm the Bata werewolf." He smiled winking at me walking back to the couch turning the Telly on.  

"Do you want coffee?" I asked taking a spoonful of coffee grounds 

"Nicole your making the coffee?" He asked raising his eye brow  

"Yeah got a problem with that?" I smirked  

He stood up and walked back to the kitchen  

"Actually I do," he smiled taking coffee out of my hands  

"Kev! I want to make the coffee!" I said pouting stomping my foot and crossing my arms 

"Nicole you kill the coffee," he laughed  

"Fine lets see you try and make a better one," I said  

"With pleasure," he grinned  

He opened the lid and placed a small conned shape wax paper in the hole and threw coffee grounds in it. Then he grabbed cinnoman and sprinkling some in there. Then he poured the water in the small opening and closed the lid  

"That's it?" I asked  

He giggled making my heart pound. His dark blond hair made his deep blue eyes sparkle. I always felt something with Kevin but I didn't know if it was just a crush or what?  

"Yup that's all," he smiled  

He walked back to the couch and turned the tv back on.  

I took my spot on the stool so board and watched the coffee fall into the pot.  

"Want to come watch this with me?" He asked pausing the tv.  

"You really want to watch tv with me?" I joked  

"Who wouldn't," he said  

I blushed at his comment but thank God it was dark in the room so he couldn't see my red cheeks.