Never give up chapter 2

Chapter 2

The refuge was pushing closer to Kevin and I knew there was going to be blood.  

"Excuse me" and old lady said pushing past him to the baked chips.  

The refuge looked around and saw people were around so he couldn't shift so he ran out side and Kevin ran right after him leaving me in the gas station alone.  

I put the coffee on the small shelf and ran after him, when I opened the door I saw Aram and Kevin circling the refuge. I looked around and saw no one so I ran across the street to them only to get there when they jumped on him. I couldn't see what they were doing because Aram's fat ass was in the way, all I heard was a loud scream then the sound of something being ripped out.  

"Nicole you should have stayed in the store" Aram said whipping his lip which was covered in sweat.  

I hung my head letting my long brown hair shild my face. Aram brushed passed me and he smelled like fresh blood,  

I looked over at Kevin who was trying to get rid of the dead body but gave up leaving it for the ground to soak up. He turned and his shirt had blood spots on it and his arm was covered in blood that didn't belong to him. But the worse part about it was he had something in his hand I wish I never saw.  

Tears flooded my eyes when I saw what their wolfs have done. Was this going to be me when I shifted? I know Kevin was protecting me but did he really have to take a life? I shouldn't be regretting it the guy was a refuge who was going to hurt me if it wasn't for Kevin.  

"Nicole" he said dropping the item.  

"Did you do it?"I asked backing up when he took a step towards me.  

"Did what?" He asked taking another step to me but I just backed up.  

"Did you rip his spine out?" I said not looking at him because I couldn't bare to see him hurt to see me like this.  

My eyes were flooded with tears but I tried to hold them back but they just escaped like how the refuges do.  

He turned his head so I had a clear sight of his beautiful features on his face. His jaw bone popped out as he was thinking  

"He had it coming" he said looking at the high way.  

"Did he hurt?" I asked  

That was the most stupid question ever but I needed to asked it.  

He looked down still looking away.  

"What do you think?"he asked coldly  

I felt bad for being so mean to Kevin, he was looking out for me and I just basically dissed him. But this was his job to kill refuges so why am I being so bitchy?  

I looked at him and it looked like he had tears down his cheeks.  

I jumped hugging him feeling his warmth on my body. I felt shocks flow threw my body when he held me back.  

"I'm so sorry you had to see that"he whispered to me  

"I'm sorry for being a bitch"I whispered into his strong chest.  

"No your not bitchy but your scared I know, you have never seen this happen before" he replied kissing my head threw my hair.  

"Will I become like this?"I asked  

He was quiet  

"Kevin answer me! When I change will I be like that" I said pushing off of him  

"Nicole stop it! You will be a great fighter just look at your brother for goodness sakes!" He replied loudly.  

He looked away then down watching the green grass flow over to the side when the wind called  

"You know why he was after you?" He asked breaking the silence  

I shook my head

He looked mad at the thought but knew he had to talk or I would get pissed off again.  

"He wanted your blood. Your royal and if a refuge gets your blood they can communicate with the Alfa and get him to do bad things or even kill his pack." He said still not looking at me which Broke my heart  

"Look at me" I said taking his chin in my fingers  

"I'm sorry I'm being a bitch, I-I'm just scared that I'm going to hurt someone I love" I said  

He took my arms in his large hands holding me close to him.  

"I will be by your side no matter how hard this looks, your going to be a great wolf." He cooed me bringing my head to his chest.

Hey guys just posted a pitcher of Nicole on the side