36. "Talk to me."

Chapter Thirty Six

Elena's POV

I ran outside the convention hall, not caring at all that people were looking at me. I heard Adonis called my name, but I ignored him.

I tried to look for a cab, but Christian suddenly appeared beside me.

"Come. I'll take you home," he offered but I shook my head, "Okay, I'll take you wherever you want."

My phone rang, it was Adonis. I turned it off.

I went with Christian to his car. A red Ferrari.

I saw Christian earlier at the venue, but due to many attendees, we did not bump into each other. I also forgot to tell Adonis that Christian would be working for us as our top model. I was too focused on my jealousy of Trisha.

"Where do you want to go?" he asked when I settled inside the car.

"At Camella's house," I gave him the address. I stared at the white leather seat got stained with the yellow pumpkin soup.

"Don't mind about it. The stain can be wiped off easily," he assured me.

Suddenly, I burst out sobbing. I would not easily cry, but that moment, I was so upset of Trisha and Adonis. I hated both of them.

"It's okay, cry it all out. You'll feel better afterwards," he said comforting me, "you know, you have nothing to worry about what people say, you were the victim there. In every angle, she turned out to be the bitch."

"What made me upset was Adonis. He comforted her, instead of me! I'm his wife... but he was there beside her, right away."

"Yeah, I saw that," he tsked, "I was with your Grandpa at that time."

I clenched my mouth tighter, "I'm sure he wanted to murder me on the spot for humiliating him again."

"Actually, no. He was mad at Trisha. He said, he'll make her pay for what she did to his granddaughter," he huffed, "he can be very scary when he wanted to, right?"

We arrived at Camella's house. A small apartment she rented near our office.

"What the hell happened?" she touched my face with her finger and tasted the drying liquid, "is that pumpkin?"

I nodded.

"Aww, my favorite soup," she pouted.

I burst out crying again. I told her what happened and she was so upset.

"He did that? I'm going to kill that husband of yours together with that bitch!"

"Yeah. He just stood there and comforted Trisha," I wiped my tears.

"I told you. You should stick to your original plan. Come on, take a warm bath. You're so sticky."

She lent me her clothes. A lavender sweater and sweatpants. We were of the same size, so the fitting was not a problem.

I felt clean and fresh when I joined Camella and Christian in the living room. They were drinking coffee.

"Adonis called," Camella informed me, "I told him you're with me, to save him the trouble of calling the police. I made him promise to leave you alone for now, but that bastard is hard headed, so expect him to appear in a few minutes."

My heart sank.

"I don't want to talk to him. I'm too emotional right now, I'm afraid I would say something that would make me regret later."

"Then don't," she assured me, "you stay in the bedroom while we talk to him."

In less than five minutes, the doorbell rang. It was Adonis.

I went inside Camella's room and hid there. I could hear Adonis shouted, looking for me.

"Elena! Talk to me!" he was outside the room, knocking on the door, "Open this door now! I swear, I'm going to knock this down if you won't."

"Don't you dare!" I heard Camella angry outburst, "I'll call the police if you won't leave this minute."

"Stay out of this. This is a marital problem," Adonis said firmly.

Christian scoffed, "which is not a real marriage."

My eyes instantly grew big.

Shit! I forgot. This is going to be a riot. Adonis thought that Christian is my ex!

"She is my wife in every sense of the word," Adonis said angrily.

"Try to convince yourself, man. You're both forced into it, how could not be real?" Christian mocked, "give her space. She needs it now."

"I don't need your advice," Adonis burst out, "why are you here?"

"I brought her here," Christian said.

"So, you took advantage of Elena's vulnerable state and got her in your car. You bastard!"

"Don't call me bastard! Fuck you. You're the one who took advantage of her," Christian chuckled nastily, "you think I don't know? Oh man, you're the one who married her for that land!"

Everything went loose. I heard Camella shouted, and I opened the door to see the two men fighting with each other.

Adonis seemed at an advantage, as he punched Christian, who was lying on the floor. His mouth was bleeding.

"Stop it!" I ran and shielded Christian, and it angered Adonis more.

I got so scared that he would murder Christian.

"Adonis, stopped! What is wrong with you! You're acting like a monster."

Adonis' chest was heaving so hard. His hostile eyes glaring at us and his lips thinned in anger.

"The fuck? You two are still together."

"What are you talking about?"

He chuckled nastily, "Nothing's new. I'm involved with another cheater."

"How dare you call me a cheater when it's you happens to be!" I exploded. I repeated everything that Trisha told me, "I know all about you and Trisha. I also know that once you have the land, it's our divorce paper you'll take care of. So when you leave me, you'll continue your happily ever after with her!"

"The fuck! I never once thought that!" his eyes grow enormous.

"Liar! You're exactly what I expected, someone who only cares about wealth and power. Stay away from me, it's over. You won! Expect divorce papers in your office. Leave me alone."

"We're not getting a divorce," he held my wrist tightly, and pulled me towards him, "we'll talk this over."

I struggled and pushed him away.

"Let go of me and get lost!" I shouted.

Camella came to my defense, "Get out of here, before I call the police!"