sleepover

Eleven longed for these moments. The party was having a sleepover at Mike's, supervised by Nancy, Steve, Robin and Eddie (who were also having a sleepover). They all had an amazing day together. Max had attempted to teach everyone how to skate, but ultimately failed, with Dustin ending up falling flat on his face. Everyone was amused by this, apart from Nancy, who scolded Steve for laughing (backed up by Robin, who was also laughing, but did not want to make Nancy angry) and cleaned the blood from Dustin's busted lip. 

After the skating they all went for ice cream before getting snacks and heading back to the Wheeler house.

Now they were all settled watching a movie. Eleven had her head in Max's lap. The two had been hinting at their desire to be together for a while now, but neither had the confidence to confront the other. Nobody really noticed this behaviour, seeing it as them being 'super close'. Well, apart from Robin, who really wanted to get them both alone for a chat. She really wanted to be their lesbian advisor.

As the party began to fall asleep on the sofa, Max was left as the only kid awake, with El fast asleep in her lap. She didn't care of course, and simply played with the brunette's hair. Nancy, Robin, Steve, and Eddie were all still awake, and slightly drunk. Eddie was attempting to explain the concept of D and D to Steve, who seemed overwhelmingly confused, while Nancy watched some dumb movie on the TV. Robin made her way to Max and sat beside her.

'Hi?' Max said, confused.

'Hey. Not sleepy?'

Max couldn't take her eyes off of Eleven.

'No, not really.' the redhead smiled gently.

Robin, unable to be subtle at all, decided to just jump into the question on her mind.

'What's going on here? Are you two like, dating? It's totally okay if you are. I like girls too. Obviously you don't have to tell me but I just wondered in case you needed my help or anything or advice because I don't want you to-'

'Robin.'

'Right, sorry.'

Max chuckled. 'We aren't dating. Or at least I don't think we are. I want to date her, I think I'm in love with her. But I don't know if she likes me. What if she doesn't even like girls?'

Robin smiled. 'I've been in that situation before. She definitely likes you.'

'You think?'

'Oh yeah.'

'Wow.'

Robin smiled at Max. 'Do you know who you're attracted to? Your sexuality?'

'I'm bisexual I think.'

'Cool.' Robin smiled. 'I'll leave you be.' and with that Robin went and sat with Nancy.

Suddenly, El woke up.

'Oh, hey El.' Max smiled.

'You like me?' 

Max froze. She was awake.

'Uh...' Max went bright red, making El chuckle.

'What's funny?' Max asked, very quiet.

'You're adorable.' El said, pulling Max close and kissing her.

Steve drunkenly stood up and clapped, causing Robin to laugh and pull him back into his seat.

The two girls chuckled as El placed her head back in Max's lap, ready to sleep once again.

A/N:

I love elmax. Comfort ship for sure.