max's letter to el

What my little Elmax brain would've hoped Max wrote in her letter to El in season.

El,
If you're reading this, it means the worst has already happened. I know for a fact that I miss you right now. I always miss you. I wish I could've seen you more since you moved to Cali. I hope you like Cali by the way, it really is beautiful once you get used to it.

Take care of the boys for me? I know you'll be fine, my strong girl, but those boys need all the help they can get. You're amazing, El. I'm so lucky to have had you in my life. You're the strongest, most beautiful, most perfect person in the whole universe.

I wish I could've told you this in person, but, I love you El. I love everything about you. I've loved you since I first laid my eyes on you, in your little black clothes with your black eyeliner (what the fuck was that by the way?) I've loved you since our first girls day, our first sleepover. I wish we could've spent more time together. I could've taught you to skate, we could've gone shopping every weekend, we could've fallen in love.

But I suppose that's all wishful thinking anyway. You're with Mike and I'm sort of with Lucas, and that's the way it will always be. The way it will have always been. I just think you deserved to know that before... well...

I left you a couple things, I won't be needing them where I'm going. My comics, (yes, you get them, don't tell Dustin.) my Walkman and cassettes, so you always have some good music on standby, and my skateboard. I never got to teach you to skate, but maybe you could learn for me? No pressure, but I think I'd really like that.

I love you so much, and miss you endlessly, my gorgeous girl.

Yours forever, Max. ♡

A/N:
And I'm crying. Great.