Five👹

You have to fight for what you want...

The week went by without any surprises, which I was very glad about. Last night however brought an end to that when Uncle suddenly announced he was having a party to celebrate his fifty-first birthday.

That announcement brought a lot of chaos to the house. We've been busy since the early hours of the morning prepping everything. I was a bit worried. It felt unsafe to be inviting people over now that I'm very certain that something or rather someone is after my life.

I was currently in the kitchen watching Aunt and Ma busy preparing meals for the 'little party',  as Uncle put it.
I kept stealing glances at Aunt, I didn't know exactly what I was looking for.
Maybe I was expecting her to bare her fangs at me and sink them into my neck or probably turn into a bat and fly away into the night.
I sighed. I am tired of thinking too much, I wish I can just fizzle away.

"Sasha dear, you can go 'nd rest a little before the guests starts to arrive, you look really tired" Aunt spoke without taking her eyes off the carrots she was dutifully slicing.

I looked up at Ma to get her approval, she nodded.

I walked out before she changed her mind.

I walked into the room I shared with my sister, I saw her seating in front of the only mirror in the room combing her shoulder length brown hair, her light skin being illuminated by the lamp above the mirror.

"The party is not until seven" I stated moving towards the bed to sit.

"It's five thirty" she said looking at me through the glass of the mirror.

"So it takes you an hour to get ready..."

"I want to look good. It's been so long since I dressed up for anything" Her large brown eyes where clouding with unshed tears.

"Hey, everything is going to be fine at the end. If it's not fine,  then it's not the end. Right?"

These were her favourite words.

"No. Everything is not going to be fine...Sasha, you're playing with fire. This is not like one of your vampire books. This is reality. We need to tell Ma and Pa what is going on..."

"We can't tell them yet. What if Aunt is not a Vampire? Do you want to move again?!!.

"If moving will save our lives, I don't mind"

She stood up abruptly and made her way to the door. Before she slipped out, she turned to me and whispered...

"You tell them tonight or I will"

I sighed and lay back on the bed shutting my eyes so tight to drown out reality.

^^^^

Guests started arriving at exactly ten minutes after seven. The furnitures in the large sitting room had been shifted earlier to create a makeshift dance floors for the twenty guests Uncle invited.
I was dressed in a simple black dress which contrasted well with my light skin and blended with my mood. My dark brown hair was slicked back and tied in a bun behind my head, which was a good idea because I could feel sweat making its way down my face. I needed a break.
I put down the tray of empty glasses on a table and lowered my body on a chair, a small contented sigh escaped my lips.
I was already getting comfortable when a shadow fell in my line of vision.
I raised an irritated eye at the culprit, and my eyes ended up in a roll.