Thirteen🧛🏻‍♂🧛🏻‍♀

The sun was still up in the sky after the egg picking. Arnold was really a nice person, very fun to be around. Sometimes he talked and acted like someone too matured for his age.

"Thank you for helping with the eggs" I muttered

"Sorry, I didn't hear you. What was that?"

I rolled my eyes
"I said, thank you for helping out with the eggs"
I said again, louder this time.

He smiled at me, then slowly with his eyes still locked on mine he said
"You're welcome"

Why did those words make my stomach feel as if thousands of butterflies were playing catch inside there?

I shuddered, as if to shake the feeling off.

I looked away.

By the time we got to the main house, the sun was already behind the clouds. And the trees obscuring the sun from getting to the house made every where a little chilly. I could feel the goosebumbs forming on my skin.

"Have you paid for those?"
I asked pointing at the basket still in his hand.

"Yeah. I'm not a thief you know?"

I shook my head.

"You know, I was beginning to see you as a nice person, but I guess it was too soon. Bye"
I said with a tight smile on my face and made to walk away but he held me back by placing a hand on my forearm.

I flinched a little because his hand was a little cold.

"Hey, I'm sorry. I was only joking"

I gave him an obvious fake smile
"It's fine. Can I go now?"
I asked looking down at my arm, where his fingers were still gripping tightly.

"Sure, sorry"
He said letting go of me.

"You know you apologize a lot. Try not to make it a habit"

I smiled at him and then I walked into the house with him calling out behind me,
"I'll see you tomorrow"

I rolled my eyes and shut the door.

"Who is that?"
Bree asked startling me. She was still standing beside one of the large windows in the sitting room, which obviously means she was watching us.

"Someone that came to buy eggs"
I replied giving her the "is that not obvious" look.

"I know he came to buy eggs, but you were talking as if you knew him prior to now"

I rolled my eyes

"I met him at the rodeo"
I walked into the kitchen to grab a glass of water. My throat was parched.

Bree walked behind me into the kitchen and leaned on the counter.

"What is it?"
I asked turning to look her in the eye when she didn't say anything but her eyes kept boring holes at the back of my head.
Her dark brown hair was braided behind her head. And her yellow skin looked extra shiny today.

"Nothing...Just be careful with him. There is something very off about him"
She ended with a shrug of her shoulder

"You have nothing to worry about, we're not even friends"

She shrugged again.
"Just be careful"

^^^^^^^^

I watched Sasha walk by with a slightly pale looking guy. The guy kept talking and the look on her face kept switching from irritated to amused.
I watched her walk into the house and shut the door.
Very soon I'll make my presence known.
My heart kept thumping hard against my chest, I felt so terrified, and that would be their exact feeling when they see me. I just know it.

I sat back on floor and waited for the night to come. That would be the perfect time to make a grand entrance.

**

My eyes fluttered open at the sound of a loud bang. I must have slept off.
I looked out the window, everywhere was dark, except for a dim light coming from the main house.
It was raining heavily, I saw lightening zig zag through the black sky, then I heard the loud bang of thunder again.

Everywhere was deathly silent. I'm sure everyone must have gone to bed. I had already given up hope when I saw movements in the main house.
I need to do this now.

I opened the shed and braced myself for the impact of the rain, then I walked out.
I walked briskly towards the house.

Walking under the trees was a very bad idea, but the trees were everywhere, making the house look haunted.
I got drenched.
My jet black hair was sticking to my face, making me uncomfortable.

When I got to the main door, I wasted no time knocking because I was shaking, I could hear my teeth knocking against each other. I needed warmth badly.

I kept banging on the door until I heard footsteps approaching.

The door opened slightly and an elderly woman poked her head through the crack.
When she saw me, her eyes rounded like a saucer, she saw how badly I was shaking, then she opened the door widely and gestured for me to come in.

That wasn't Ma. This woman looked nothing like I remembered.
This woman looked bigger and had an insane red hair.

She walked into the a door at the right end of the sitting room, which was very large by the way.

She came back few minutes later with a cup of steaming tea.

Then she left me again.
I was still standing because I was afraid to sit down. I was drenched and I didn't want to soak the seat.

I sipped the tea slowly. Warmth seeping through my body at the first sip.

The woman came back with a large towel and what looked like a nightgown from the 80's.

I placed the tea down, tentatively watching the woman, because it was very weird for someone to be helping out a complete stranger without saying a single word.

When I hesitate, she lifted my hand and placed the items into them.
Then she waited.

I slowly started peeling my wet clothes off my body, I saw her from the corner of my eye walking away probably to give me privacy.
When I was done, I sat down on a very comfortable sofa and went back to sipping my tea.
My eyes were already dropping slightly when the woman returned again.
She was holding a pillow and a large blanket. Her eyes looked warm and friendly.

As she handed the items to me, she finally spoke

"Get yourself comfortable. Tomorrow you'll meet your family, Cherry"

She said and walked away.

I sat frozen, the cup of tea still steaming in my hands.

^^^^^^^^
Deep in the woods...

The king was restless, they've been walking through the woods for days now. They could easily have flown over there, but he wanted their appearance to be as stealthily as possible.
The only way to attack an enemy is to make a move when they least expect it.
I'm sure if Cherry warned them, they would definitely be expecting us to fly down on them, but they will be greatly disappointed.

Marta was very quiet, she knew the fate that awaited Cherry and her family when they get to them.
She knew it would end in a bloodbath and there is absolutely nothing she can do.

Over the years she grew to love Cherry like her own daughter. She knew when the change started but she didn't say anything. She knew that Cherry was special and if what the ancient one said about her bringing an end to the vampire reign is true, then so be it.

This was darkness and light needs to finally shine.