Six👹

The Vampire District, the Northern region.

Father finally located my family.
I didn't know exactly how to feel about the news when he told me a week ago. I was torn between rage and pity.
Rage at them for abandoning me in the bushes, probably to die, and pity, because if Father gets to them before I do, they won't live to see another day.

Father thought the reason I wanted to see my family was to exact a kind of revenge on them for abandoning me, but that was all a facade.
I had to use the revenge as an excuse so that he would help me find them, I needed to know if they were still alive.
But right now, I think I went too far.
Their lives are in danger and it's all my fault.

"Cherry are you alright? You look.. sad" Shelly was right beside me brushing out my jet black hair.

She has lasted longer that I thought she would. I'm grateful for that, she's grown to become my only companion in this strange land.

"Shelly , what will you do if you see your family again?" I asked out of the blue.
I've never asked about her family.

The hands on my hair stopped their ministration. I turned around to meet blue eyes staring back at me, sadness clouding their depths.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't..."

"They're dead. Your Father killed them right in front of me"

My eyes widened in shock. That was not the reply I was expecting.

"I'm sorry"

"It's not your fault" she said walking away from me toward my dresser where she laid my brush carefully on the smooth surface.

I looked up at the young woman right in front of me and knew instantly that I could trust her.

"Shelly, I don't know what's happening to me... I've been feeling a lot human recently" I whispered the last part.

She walked back to me and sat down on the bed opposite me.

"How is that possible?"

"I don't know. I just feel strange..."

"Out of the darkness comes light,  the light leads the saviour through the night, and illuminates the darkness that holds tight"

"What's that? A poem?"

"It's an ancient saying, I don't know exactly where I heard it from. But my dear Cherry,  I strongly believe you're the light"

My eyes grew wide at her words. I've heard that saying before, I can't quite grasp exactly where. But for her to repeat them, something was definitely calling out to me.

"What should I do, Shelly?"

"If you are the light, you need to find the saviour and break this curse. Restore sanity to humanity"

She gripped my hands so tight, her blue eyes staring so intently into my black ones.

"How should I do that?"

She let go of my hands as if they burned and made her way to the door.

With her hand on the knob, she turned to me and whispered...