Nine👹

Deep in the woods....

I was drowning, I could feel myself sinking deeper and deeper into the earth. That force was back again and  it was trying to pull me out but it felt impossible, I kept clutching and struggling, I felt death around my neck sniffing the life out of me.

I had given up the fight when suddenly I was pulled out of the ground, I was floating in the air, the force was stronger than before and it was pulling me towards the thick forest, the forest looked oddly familiar, like I've been there before.
The force kept pulling me till we got to a clearing, at the end of the field was a large cave.

I recognized the cave immediately, it was the one I had seen in my dreams or should I call them visions because they looked so real.
It was the cave where the vampire lord was born.

The force dropped me at the entrance of the cave, like before, but only this time it was gently done. The cave looked deserted from the last time I saw it.
I walked inside skeptically, after every attempt to walk away was futile.

The first few steps I took inside was calculated, until a thick mass of cobweb clouded my face, I literally started clawing at my skin like a maniac.
After I managed to claw a certain amount off my face, I pushed forward into the cave at a faster pace.
I got to the end of the cave and saw the opening, everything looked different, there were still fetish charms and amulets on the walls, the bells on the ceiling and the golden pots were still present, but the place looked deserted  like no one had been there in a very long time.
There where thick cobwebs hanging from the ceiling to the floor and some still had spiders on them.
I shuddered

I looked around wondering why I was here. I've seen everything before but probably from the past. I kept looking around until my eyes landed on something shiny, engraved on the wall.
How did I miss this the first time?
It was a symbol of two fangs with crossbones underneath, the same symbol on the scroll that Father had kept hidden inside his box.

I walked over to the symbol and touched it, the rough wall scratching my fingers. There was a cut out square over the engraving like a hidden compartment was behind it.

I tapped on the symbol, I heard an echo, there was definitely a hollow space behind. Curiosity got the best of me, I started looking around for something sharp to pry open the stone.

I was still looking around when I felt the invisible force on me again, I was being pulled away.
I heard the words "it's not yet time" I kept hearing those words like a mantra in my head.

The force left me immediately and I could feel my surrounding.

I felt my body on a hard floor, I slowly opened my eyes. The first smell that hit my nostrils was that of freshly prepared stew, I was so hungry.
When my eyes finally adjusted to my surrounding, I realized I was still in the hut.
I heard a sound above me, a silent muttering of those words.
I looked up and came face to face with an old woman staring down at me, with her stark white untamed hair with strings of cowries and beads flying around her.

I screamed and sat up with a jolt.

"Who are you?"
My voice came out like a whisper

"They will all die...die"
She said laughing so hard.

I've never been so scared in my life.

                           ^^^^^^^
Books after books, the pair of Grey eyes kept popping up in my head.
Who was that woman?
What exactly does she want?

This trip to the library was seeming like a waste of time. History after history, they've been no where that it was noted that vampires ever came to this town.
I sighed in despair.

I walked to the shelf to return the third book I was looking at, I looked at the time it was already late, I needed to get back to the rodeo, I didn't want to arouse suspicion. I gathered my things, walked over to the very nice librarian to tell her I was leaving.

"Sasha it was nice to meet you. Say hello to your Uncle for me"

"Okay Ma" I said with a big smile on my face.

I was walking past her table when I noticed a large book on the very top of a shelf isolated from other books. It had a dark cover with a golden symbol engraved at the center.

The book looked dusty with age, as if no one had ever opened it.

"Ummm. Excuse me Ma. Which book is that?"
I asked pointing at the book

She looked at it for a while. She shook her head
"I don't know...That book has been here for a really long time. I've forgotten how it got here"

"Can I see it?"

"Sure... Just give me a second to get it down"

She got a ladder immediately, then she climbed up and carefully brought down the book. She coughed hard as the dust from the book waft into her nose.

"Wait here let me get a rag to clean it up"

She placed the book on her table and walked to the back to get a rag.

I kept tapping my foot impatiently.

She returned after a while with a damp rag.

She dutifully cleaned off the dust from the book then handed it to me.

I rushed over to a nearby table and sat down. There was just something about this book.

The symbol on the back of the book was clearer now. I could see that it was a pair of fangs with crossed bones.
I shuddered

I opened the book with shaky fingers afraid of the content.

The first page had the symbol again but this time in blood red colour.

The book was not written in prints, it was handwritten with ink and it was a binded compilation of scrolls.

I turned to the next page and realized that it had been torn.
Who would have torn it out and why?

It means that whatever was written there must be very important.

I opened the next page and written in blood letters was the word
"THE END IS COMING"

The rest of the pages were blank.

I quickly shut the book and handed it over to the nice librarian and quickly stormed out.
I could hear the clock in the library strike 5:00pm.

As I walked back to the rodeo, I felt like I was being watched, instinctively, I turned around, I didn't see anyone.

The sky immediately turned pitch black as if it was about to rain, there was a heavy wind and it was around me, almost blowing me away, it was holding me down. I couldn't move an inch. I struggled to free myself.
Before everything died down, I heard a voice in the wind repeat the exact words
"The End is Coming"

Please Vote
❤❤❤