chapter 10 - letting loose (✰)

Word count: 8671

Your P.O.V:

"This looks...Somewhat dangerous." Sal uttered as the 7 of us watched the beaming frat house in the distance. There were countless empty, red plastic cups covering the lawn, and people either making out, smoking or vomiting outside. And we thought we were early.

"Who found this place again?" Ash asked, looking up at her friends to see who was responsible for picking a place we definitely wouldn't fit into.

"Me." Neil said. "I know a guy from here. I asked if I could come with some friends, and he loved the idea."

Neil was a former jock in high school, so he probably befriended some popular guys that are now in college, doing some sort of physical degree.

"I dunno...I don't like being around self-absorbed frat dudes that think their only achievement is how much pussy they get." Larry grumbled, making me suppress a giggle from coming out my lungs at the statement that was overly true.

"Not if you get drunk enough." Travis butted in, grabbing onto his boyfriends hand. "Come on. While the drinks are still fresh."

Sal and Travis went first, then followed Todd and Neil, but Me, Ash and Larry just stood on the side, still observing.

"Ugh, why couldn't we just go to a club or something?" Ash threw her head back and groaned. "This shit looks like it's about to suck."

"I bet there's some hot chicks here, Ash. Maybe tonight's the chance to shoot your shot." Larry nudged Ash's side. Her expression contorted from annoyed to something similar of realisation.

"Yeah, but my chances of finding a gay girl in a frat house...is like finding a needle in a haystack." She crossed her arms then slightly ran her hands up both of them, probably because the feeling of freezing November wind just passed us by.

"Awh, c'mon. Be positive. You nearly hit it off with that one girl at that club a few months ago." I reasoned with her. Ash looked up at me with her verdant eyes, often battering in thought.

"I didn't even know if she was gay." She looked back to the sidewalk in disappointment.

"Seemed like it. She couldn't keep her hands off you when you were both dancing." Larry brought up, which I instantly agreed with in the form of an exclaim.

Ash stayed quiet. She seemed upset.

I grabbed her hand. "Even if you don't find anyone tonight, you have us." I smiled at her.

"Damn straight." Larry grabbed onto her other hand that was opposite mine.

She giggled and looked down, the sides of her long, chestnut colour hair blocking the sides of her face. She looked back up at us with rosy cheeks and a warming grin.

"Thank you." She cooed.

"The guarantee this is gonna suck ass aside, let's go rock this bitch." Larry went forward first, making Ash and me follow as we were all connected by hands. Already seconds in and we got some odd stares. We didn't really look like we belonged here in all fairness. I wore all black, and Ash was similar, except with splashes of purple and her silver earrings and face piercings. And like always, Larry looked intimidating as ever with his band patch covered denim jacket and ripped skinny jeans with big boots, but he looked hot while doing it.

The door was already wide open, so we had to do nothing but walk in. Instantly, the stench of alcohol, stomach bile and sweat filled my nostrils. It was a horrid smell, but it just smelt like any other party that has 20 year old attendees that have crippling, in-denial, alcoholic tendencies that are mentally stuck in highschool. My eyes started to hurt at the flaring, colourful party lights, but a few seconds more, I adjusted and could actually see my surroundings. I could see that every square inch of the house was already destroyed. The floor was covered in waste and there were stains everywhere, even a complimentary pair of boxers hanging from the chandelier. Ash was right. Why couldn't we just go to a club? I'm sure every college student here still believes your social status matters in college. Yikes.