chapter 19 - new life

Word count: 5681

Your P.O.V:

I was hardly focused doing my makeup for the party tonight. It was like an out of body experience. I was watching myself cover my skin in foundation, and applying colours on my eyelids in my vanity mirror, but it was like I wasn't actually doing it. Because all my mind was focused on was the fact I was actually pregnant. I had a child inside of me. It was hard to believe.

The worst part, was that I couldn't bring myself to tell Larry. I was eager to, but was petrified for his reaction. By the time Larry was done doing everything in preparation; making food, getting alcohol, making sure the house was clean...He couldn't tell I was crying. I already had some makeup on. He was clueless. Which was good for now, but every time I looked at him, I felt a deep feeling of guilt in my stomach.

He was in the shower while I was touching up final parts of my makeup. I was already dressed, and I decided to dress up in a way that would made me feel confident. Just to take my mind off the things i'd rather not be thinking about.

I ran the edge of my nail around my lipstick so there were no smudge marks, and then I stood up from my vanity stool

I ran the edge of my nail around my lipstick so there were no smudge marks, and then I stood up from my vanity stool. I stepped back and took a glance of myself in the mirror I was previously doing my makeup in. I adjusted myself to enhance my outfit in small ways. Teasing and touching my hair, topping up my lipstick, fluffing up my lashes with my fingers, until I looked somewhat fine.

My eyes found their way on my stomach.

I slowly turned to my side, and looked at it in the mirror. I hesitantly put my hand on my stomach and felt it by gently caressing my palm over the top. I know the life growing in my stomach isn't big enough to see right now, but I felt weird knowing there was a living being slowly being conceived inside of me. Like Maple said, I couldn't hide this forever. My stomach is going to grow larger. I needed to act fast. I didn't even know if I wanted to keep it.

I was dragged out of my thoughts at the sound of Larry unlocking the bathroom door outside our open bedroom door. I rushed over to the little boombox sat on our dresser to change the CD, trying to act normal like I've been trying to be for the last couple hours. I lifted the lid of the boombox and watched the CD slow it's spinning. I took it out once it stopped and traded it for a CD more mellow, and relaxing. Larry's footsteps behind me sounded like they stopped.

"Wow." I heard Larry say from behind me. I spun my head around and blinked at him a few times. He was fresh out of the shower with a towel low around his waist and his wet hair pushed back out of his face. Slick trails of water glided down from the wet strands of his hair, to his haired chest, tattooed stomach and pelvis. But most of all that caught my attention, was that his glare was severely wide and studious.

"What?" I asked, confused since his eyes wouldn't budge, or hardly blink.

He took a few steps towards me, then stopped when he was directly having to look down at me.