chapter 18 - unexpected arrival

CW// Description of vomit

Word count: 4299

Your P.O.V:

A year has gone by since I fled the city and met Larry. It's almost hard to believe that when I really think about it. One small decision I made, led to me having a perfect house, a group of loving friends and a boyfriend as perfect as a daydream. In some small ways, I miss the city. I miss how there was so much happening, and so much to do. But I wouldn't trade that for what I have right now. Having to drag Brett home after he got high at some dodgy street corner wasn't something I miss. Nothing about him I miss. Arguing with Larry over Brett and giving myself some time to reflect on those situations really made me think. Made me think how, even though me and Brett had some romantic moments, it didn't make up for the times he'd hurt me. And that's something hard to accept. But it's a mindset i'm hoping to keep going into this new year. Brett deserves to burn in hell. Brett deserved how he went. It's simple. And the more I accept it, the less I think about him and the horrible things he'd do to me. It's like the spirit of him haunting me was starting to fade. I stopped hearing his last words in my head. I stopped having nightmares. I was actually healing.

From the day after Christmas to New Years Eve, me and Larry spent most of our time in our new home. Larry moved all his things in and we gave a farewell to the Addison Apartments building. It was emotional for us, but not as much to me as it was for Larry. He grew up there, so understandably, he shed many tears. Our new home was on the very outskirts of Nockfell, in a nice, white picket fence neighbourhood. It was perhaps 20 minutes away from the apartments, so we could go back and forth as much as we want.

For me, I didn't rush moving my things in since most of my things were in Larry's apartment. Everything in his apartment I moved in already. Everything in my apartment was still valuable, but I decided to move all of it in after the New Years Eve party we're hosting in our new home. Save the hassle for after the fun.

Larry and me managed to turn the attic into his little studio quickly too. He has a brand new easel for painting, and we put it by the roof window for perfect lighting. It was a gift from Lisa to Larry. It can hold massive canvas' and it's handy for Larry, since he's getting more serious with his painting commissions. The word about his work is getting around. Even to places outside Nockfell. He occasionally does work for wealthy, favoured people. I'm so happy things are working out for him that way.

We had plenty of room to fit his new drum set too. We bought noise cancelling panels to place in the corner the drums sat. And even then, there was plenty of room to fit more furniture. So we got a corner couch from a vintage furniture store and placed it in a corner. We also got a ton of band posters covering all the walls. All the bands Larry likes. But we kept one wall plain. The one nearest his easel, so the paintings he did for himself, he could hang up. We put a mini fridge near the couch and a VHS TV in front of the couch mounted on a box shaped table holding many movies in the built in drawer it had underneath for easy access.

Those things, as well as things that'll make the room look more cozy. A big carpet, string lights by the couch area, a small wall bookshelf holding Larry's favourite art books, and some CD's for the big CD player he got from Henry Christmas day. It had two speakers at the side of the player, and was loud enough to make your ears bleed. But that's how Larry likes it.

As we were furnishing the attic, Larry kept on insisting that we didn't need to do this. He felt guilty that he was getting an area as big as this, all to himself. But the attic is why I chose the house. I could see Larry doing everything he wanted to do in the room, and that's why I bought it. I wanted a place for him to go for him to express his artistic visions, and to go if he ever gets frustrated. He can easily get frustrated, so it's like his little calm down den.