chapter 13 - betraying trust

CW // violence

Word count: 4759

Your P.O.V:

Why was I doing this?

I think it was that I felt like I had nobody, and I craved somebody. Anybody. Even if it was someone like Dylan.

"Hey." He said when he saw me approaching him. He was leaning up against a navy blue, muddy pick-up truck with a cigarette in his mouth. He wore his same old college campus jacket like he usually does with a Green Day shirt on underneath, accompanied with jeans rolled up at the bottom and a pair of black high-top Converse with white Nike socks. But what I took more into account was his eyes scanning me up and down repeatedly. "You look..." He stood up as straight  as a line, taking the cigarette from his mouth. "...Good." He exhaled heavily with an approved tone, like he was holding his breath with that pause he took. His cheeks were warm looking.

"Thanks?" I responded. "Just a shirt and a skirt, though." I chuckled awkwardly, looking down at myself. I guess my outfit could be considered exposing, so that's why he had such an interested reaction.

"Just take the compliment Miss Stubborn." He put the cigarette back into his mouth with a half smile.

"Mrs, more like. I have a boyfriend, keep in mind, so keep your eyes to yourself." I playfully whacked his side with the back of my hand on the way to the other side of the van. "Let's go. I'm starving."

He blew one last breath of smoke before stomping his cigarette out underneath his sneaker, and jumped in aside me. Jamming the key into the ignition, we pulled off in seconds.

The ride from then onto the main road was silence. I was too busy observing the heavy looking grey sky. It looked like it was gonna rain, and I was nowhere near prepared for that with what I was clad with.

I saw Dylan reach over and unclasp the glove box open that was in front of me, revealing a wide selection of CD's consisting of mostly rap, and only one or two of indie rock and punk.

"Take your pick." He placed his hand back on the steering wheel as my eyes averted to the items stored in the glove compartment.

The other things I managed to notice in his glove box were matches, an empty, crushed beer can, a dollar note, and a magazine. It honestly looked like a porn magazine from what I could see. I didn't care to grab a CD first. Instead, I grabbed that.

"Woah." I gawked, staring at the nude woman on the cover, which had certain body parts bigger than others. She was posed on a satin red double bed wearing nothing but black heels.

He looked over. "Oh shit—" He tried snatching it off me by leaning over and wavering his hand around to try blindly grab it.

"Hold on! I'm not done!" I turned away from him, flicking through the pages. I reached a page that you had to turn the two pages vertical to make the picture of the two nude girls full. "Wowww."

"Y/N! Come on, I'm driving!" He continued to try snatch it off me but I kept wiggling away from his hand, giggling to myself.

"Oh-hoh! These two pages are stuck together!" I laughed loudly. He managed to grab it off me when I was too busy laughing. He shoved it into the door pocket on his side before clearing his throat.

"You tell anyone about that and I'll kill you."

I looked over to him. His face was severely flushed.

"But I would've already told everyone about your..." I looked over to the title of the porn magazine. "Big-Breasted Babes Volume 12. Volume 12?! You have all of them, Dylan?! Have some self respect man!" I cackled loudly, my stomach hurting with every aggressive roar of laughter I let out.