Drive Home

The trees were dancing in the wind as we drove past them in the cool summer breeze. Christian was driving and Ted was in his car seat. My fingers were knotted together as I looked down at my stomach, I had a little bump but it was nothing Claude couldn't handle. Christians gaze wandered to me as he drove along the narrow road.

"What?" I asked.

"Nothing just observation." He looked back at the road and the house came into view.

"Observation? Why what am I, a pet project?" His smirk appeared as he put the car in park.

"No you are my wife. I just want to get to know you better."

"You can, Friday 7pm, pick me up."

"We live in the same house."

"Exactly." I climbed out the car as Christian was getting Teddy out the back. I slammed the door making sure it was shut properly. The house looked huge as I looked from the outside. It had been less than a week since I had been here and it already feels abnormal. "Where is everyone?"

"They are at home, they wanted to give you a night off." I rolled my eyes at his remark,

"No you wanted to give me a night off."

"Can I not do that for my wife? Besides you deserve a break." He opened the door to the house for me and placed Teddy on the chair in the living room.

"If that is the case then, I'm going to go to bed." I lightly kissed him on his lips as I made my way up the stairs. Christian tended to Teddy as I clambered in bed. I was on the brink of sleep when I felt the bed dip and arms come around me. I turned over and saw Christian, he looked at me adoringly and kissed my forehead.

"I love you." I smiled.

"I love you."