Let's go...

Ana Pov

The bookcase screamed my name as I entered my office. It's towering spirals turned me towards its path as I made my way to pick a book. I looked at every single one, but none intrigued me to read...A white one caught my eye. I pulled it out of the shelf and looked at the cover. It was an album, not a book. Big, silver, shiny letters coated the top of it. It was a year, 2010. I opened the first page and in it was a picture from the photoshoot in which I organised on Kate's behalf. In fact, me and Christian weren't even dating then, where we? I turned over the next page and it was the picture of me and Christian at my graduation, where I was labelled as 'the friend'. I laughed at the memory of reading the newspaper article in the morning of when it was published and remembered laughing in shock at that moment in time. How far we have come, in such a short space of time...My thoughts were interrupted as I heard the door to my office open. I listened to the footfalls, not pattering little feet, mmh. They rounded the corner into which I was situated at the very end and sat down next to me. 

"I was wondering where you were." He laughed as he moved closer to me.

"I was searching for a book to read and found this..." He inched closer and wrapped his arm around my waist to pull me closer. He glanced at the book and smiled.

"I remember that day. Your graduation." He smiled at me.

"And the day that Kate outed us." His laugh resonated around the room.

"Kate...Well technically she was the reason we got together." My brows furrowed as I glanced at him.

"What do you mean?"

"She told Ray for us, I don't think you ever would have until we were going to get married. She put the label on us as boyfriend and girlfriend. As much as I don't get along with her, she helped us." I glanced at his eyes and then his face and saw the sincerity in his features. I had to admit that he was right. If it wasn't for Kate, we might never have gotten together, we may not have gotten married. 

"You look happy here." I fiddled with my fingers and then laced them around his neck. 

"Well thats because I had you." He looked from the album to me.

"And I had you." He leaned in towards me as his lips brushed mine. I moved further towards as our lips then touched. I leaned back and tucked myself in the crook of his neck.

"Guess what day it is today?" I pulled back and looked at him confused. "It's our anniversary."

"No it's not." He laughed.

"The day you accepted my proposal."

"But you proposed a few days before..." 

"The day that Charlie Tango crashed..." I faced my head down and looked at my nimble fingers. He looked at me and saw the sadness on my face as I remembered the memory of seeing the news and hearing them say Christian hadn't been found. "Ana. Ana. I am here, forget that let's go somewhere." I leaned back and looked at his face.

"Go where..." He looked into my eyes and then his face lit up.

"Aspen."

"Your chalet?" 

"Why not? It's there, why don't we take advantage? Let's take the kids and just get away on our own for a few days." I looked into his eyes and saw happiness and excitement. 

"Let's go then." He stood up and took my hands and helped me up.

"I'll go and sort the flights out for tomorrow." He kissed me chastely and then grabbed my hand and walked out of my office.

"I will go and pack." I went to walk upstairs but he pulled me back into his embrace.

"Gail can do that." I placed my hands around his neck.

"Yes I know, but I want to do it. Gail does enough around this house, this would just add to her plate." 

"Oh...Ana. I love you." I smiled and kissed is cheek.

"Oh...Christian. I love you."

"I love you more." He rubbed his nose with mine and scrunched his nose.

"I love you the most." 

Fifty Shades Of Grey was written in 2010 as I worked it out therefore I set the album then - just to sort out any confusion.