Cry

Ana Pov

I hadn't unlocked the door, I wanted to stay true to my promise that I had made to myself. To not go anywhere near Christian today, to stay away from him and his egotistic charms. I steadied myself and made my way out the door to Theodore's room, he was sleeping soundlessly. I went to check on Phoebe, she was still asleep as well, sucking on her thumb. I walked out of her room and went down the stairs. My midriff was showing, as I had only slept in a bra and my crotchless panties because I was too hot and couldn't be bothered getting dressed into pyjamas. I walked into the kitchen and saw Christian sat at the table reading the newspaper. His hair was ruffled, my heart lurched out but I kept my cool and calmed myself. I confidently walked past the kitchen island and walked to the kettle and saw it had already been boiled. I reached into the cupboard and heard a stifled groan come from Christian. A smirk came onto my lips but I dismissed the thought, he didn't deserve the satisfaction. I made my tea and made my way past Christian. But a voice spoke.

"Please Ana. Talk to me." I stopped and then carried on upstairs. I heard a shuffle and like lightning Christian was in front of me. 

"Please, Christian, move." 

"Ana, can we please talk?" He lifted his hand and pulled me closer, my head resting on his. I shook my head.

"I have nothing to say to you." I lifted my head and stepped to the left, and heard a cry from Phoebes room. I ran up the stairs, only looking down when I was round the corner and saw him sitting on the steps, head in his hands and pulling on his hair. I could hear Pheobe and quickly ran to her room, picking her up and racing her to sleep. This was getting more and more difficult to keep my cool around Christian. My heart lurched for him, but I needed to stick to my guns and carry on. At least see this day through Ana.