Chapter Eight: The Goblet of Fire

~.~.~Parts 13-16~.~.~
•Y/n's POV•

The next morning soon came, the sun rose over the mountains of Hogwarts shining yellow and pinks over the castle. I stretched out of bed and slid into my Hufflepuff Robes, tied my tie and laced my shoes.

The common room was quiet this morning, everyone already sitting around the entrance hall to watch people submit their names into the tournament.

But there was one person sitting on the sofa next to the fireplace. His curly brown hair facing me, but I could instantly recognise the hair.

"Good morning Cedric!" I said when I approached the figure, making him jump slightly.

"Good morning Y/n, I felt like I was waiting ages for you!" Cedric replied, pretending to sound grumpy.

"Okay! I'm sorry. Let's get some breakfast and you can submit your name." I bargained. Cedric agreed and we quickly left the common room.

As the next day was Saturday, most students would normally have breakfasted late. Cedric and I, however, were not alone in rising much earlier than they usually did on weekends. When they went down into the entrance hall, they saw about twenty people milling around it, some of them eating toast, all examining the Goblet of Fire. It had been placed in the center of the hall on the stool that normally bore the Sorting Hat. A thin golden line had been traced on the floor, forming a circle ten feet around it in every direction.

"Anyone put their name in yet?" Cedric asked a third-year girl eagerly.

"All the Durmstrang lot," she replied. "But I haven't seen anyone from Hogwarts yet."

"Bet some of them put it in last night after we'd all gone to bed," I said. "I would've if it had been me . . . wouldn't have wanted everyone watching. What if the goblet just gobbed you right back out again?"

"Go do it now, Cedric." I said eagerly.

"You think I should?" He asked, flipping his paper between his fingers.

"Come on Cedric! You can do it! I know you can." I smiled at him.

"Thank you Y/n, come with me." He said, standing up and grabbing my arm.

I stood up with him and we walked down to the goblet. He stepped into the age line, and with a deep breath he walked closer to the goblet and threw his name in. Everyone in the hall clapped, but I made sure I cheered the loudest.

"I did it Y/n! I did it!" Cedric smiled, running to hug me, lifting me up and spinning me around.

"I'm so proud of you Cedric!" I smiled widely at him. "I'm going to spend some time with Hermione, I'll see you in the common room later."

I went off to sit with the golden trio, who all greeted me with a warm smile.

Someone laughed behind me. Turning, I saw Fred, George, and Lee Jordan hurrying down the staircase, all three of them looking extremely excited.

"Done it," Fred said in a triumphantly to the entire hall. "Just taken it."

"What?" said Ron.

"The Aging Potion, dung brains," said Fred.

"One drop each," said George, rubbing his hands together with glee. "We only need to be a few months older."