Chapter Twelve: Dance Lessons

~.~.~Parts 28-33~.~.~
•Y/n's POV•

Later that night, Y/n and Cedric returned to the common room after writing to Amos Diggory about the outcome of the first task.

"You did so well today, Y/n." Smiled Cedric, giving her a pat on the shoulder.

"Thank you Ced, I'm sure you did well to." She smiled back, "I wonder what the is in the egg."

"We could always find out together." Cedric offered, approaching the door to the common room.

"That would be a good idea." Y/n replied. She knocked the passcode and the painting moved to form the door to the common room.

But neither of them knew the party inside the common room waiting for them. The people in the common room had made banners and got food from the kitchen next door. They all screamed when the two of them walked into the room, they were screaming with excitement and all tried to reach their hands out to touch a champion.

The party started, music was blaring from speakers that muggleborns had bought from home and all linked to a music disc which made the music loud all over the room. Y/n and Cedric had gotten some snacks from the table and went over to get a drink.

"There's firewhiskey in that one." A sixth year pointed at a bowl of punch.

"Y/n grabbed a large glass and swallowed the glass in one mouthful, she felt the burning feeling of the alcohol burn down her throat. She quickly grabbed another glass and decided to drink it a bit more slower. Someone grabbed Y/n and Cedric by their empty hands and both were lifted into the air.

They lifted their golden eggs high into the air, and people around the started cheering and reach their hands out to try and touch the eggs in their hands. She pushed her curly hair out of her face and behind her ear .

"Go on Cedric, Y/n, what's the clue?" Ruben Sanders yelled.

"Who wants us to open it?" Y/n screamed into the crowd of people, all of them looking at the two in awe and excitement "You want us to open it?" They yelled again

Both Y/n and Cedric opened their eggs and a loud horrific screech erupted out of it, everyone covers their ears and the people holding them both dropped them to the floor. Y/n and Cedric closed their eggs, an awkward silence falling across the room.

"What the bloody hell was that?" A familiar voice said through the crowd. Fred Weasley was standing in the arched doorway, his hands over his ears, looking into the room with confusion.

"Fred?" Y/n asked, "What are you doing here? And now did you get in?"

"Never mind that." He smirked, "Can I talk to you really quick, Y/n?"

"Uhh, yeah. Sure." She replied, furrowing her eyebrows in confusion. The crowd of Hufflepuffs made a path between Y/n and Fred.

"Will you be okay, Y/n." Cedric asked, looking at her worriedly.

"I think I'll be fine. But thank you, Ced. I'll be back to celebrate soon!" She replied. Giving him a small smile.

Y/n walked through the room and up to Fred, who was standing in the archway. Y/n grabbed Fred by the wrist and pulled him out of the common room.