Chapter Nine: Beyond the Door

~.~.~Parts 17-19~.~.~
•Y/n's POV•

"Harry, what is this place." I shuddered, my fingers fidgeting with the sleeve of my jumper, butterflies were filling my stomach with nerves and worry.

"I don't know, Y/n. But stay close." He said, taking my hand and giving me a small smile, also filled with nerves.

The gold gate that had blocked the entrance to the chamber, elaborately twisted and turned into a beautiful arch. It had swung open slowly and elegantly, granting us into the chamber. It was filled with goblets and pots made of solid gold, glistening and shining off the red and yellow fire that was burning bright in the fireplace.

Cabinets were lined with plates and trinkets from different places from all around the world. The other champions were walking around the chamber or around the fireplace.

I met the eyes of my best friend, Cedric Diggory. His eyes seemed a mixture of confused and nervousness. In the distance, faint yelling of familiar voices, Dumbledore, McGonagall and Sprout, along with a few voices that I didn't know.

"Y/n?" He questioned over the noise that was growing louder. "What are you doing here?"

"Ced, I-" I started but people ran around the corner and down the stairs. Dumbledore ran over to us, putting a hand on one of mine and Harry's shoulders and pushing us back into the cabinet. The toppling of gold filled my ears and looked into the headmasters eyes, and then glancing over to Cedric's and Professor Sprout's.

"Harry, Y/n! Did you put your names in the goblet of fire?" He yelled, pushing us back a little more.

"No sir." We both said at the same time.

"Did you ask one of the older students to do it for both?" He asked, now shaking us.

"No sir." We said again, Harry still holding onto my hand.

"You're both absolutely sure?" Dumbledore questioned

"Yes sir." We said once more. Dumbledore sighed and let us go. Professor Sprout took a step closer to me and patted me reassuringly on the shoulder.

"Well of course they are lying." Madame Maxime called out, swatting the light shade out of her way, causing it to swing and creak as it moved.

"The hell they are!" Mad-Eye Moody yelled, thumbing his walking stick on the ground. "The goblet of fire is an exceptionally powerful magical object, only an exceptionally powerful conjurer could have hoodwinked it. Magic way beyond the talents of a fourth and fifth year."

"You seem to have given this a fair bit of thought Mad-Eye." Igor Karkaroff scoffed, putting his face straight into Moodys, a evil smirk on his face.

"It was once my job to think as dark wizards do Karkaroff perhaps you remember?" Moody scoffed back.

"That doesn't help Alastor." Dumbledore yelled, barging through him and Karkaroff, standing next to Barty Crouch. "Leave this to you Barty."

"The rules are absolute, the goblet of fire constitutes a binding magical contract. Mr Potter and Miss Lestrange has no choice, they are as of tonight... a tri-wizard champions." Barty said, staring up at a portrait that hung above the fireplace.