Figuring Things Out

(IMPORTANT PLEASE READ ALL BOLD LETTERS)

Ok so I'm not sure where to go next with the story. I'm leaving several hints in the story and your comments will determine where I will go. Please comment on your opinions on this short chapter and I will fill it in after I get your reactions and opinions. Thank you kindly 

I had told some of the truth to Sona. Not everything mind you, but just enough that she needs to know. 

Sona: This is an awful lot to take in. A secret alliance? A false piece? 

(Y/N): I assure you that I mean no harm. I came to this town looking to a fresh start. I just seem to attract all sorts of trouble. 

Sona: So it seems, but how do I know I can trust you?

(Y/N): You don't, unless you can think of a way.

Sona: How about a game of chess?

Her Vice-President brought out a chess set and we set it up.

Sona: How familiar are you?

(Y/N): My teacher at junior high taught me. 

Yeah after Koro-Sensei and I had our discussion we actually bonded over a game of chess, he taught me and it was the one thing that he could be beat in since it was all about the mind over body. 

Sona: Well let's play shall we? 

(Y/N): Very well then. 

She let me have the first move. Personally I would let my opponent move first, for new opponents it tells me how they attack. From Sona I could tell she was extremely analytical. She did not like to make a play unless most of the odds were in her favor. What she does not realize is that I specialize in fooling the odds. 

Sona: Even though you're not a devil I can still feel something inside of you. 

(Y/N): Let's just say Rias will be in for quite the surprise. 

Sona: Are you an enemy of hers? 

(Y/N):...I do not intend to be, for me it's all about what I can learn. If we are to be enemies then it will be up to her in the end. Though I would rather not.

Sona: Why is that?

(Y/N): I have been through a lot and made quite a lot of enemies in my time. I had hoped by coming here I would be able to leave all of that behind and enjoy a normal, peaceful life.

Sona: I'm sorry it did not end up that way. 

(Y/N): It's alright, I've moved past it. All I will do it move past it and do what I can. 

Sona: I respect that. 

(Y/N): Thank you, and correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that is checkmate. 

Sona:...eh?

She took a look at the board and saw that I had indeed defeated her in a very close game. 

Sona: Y-you won. 

Not only her but everyone there walked up and took a look at the board and they could not believe the results. 

(Y/N): Well I had fun, if you like we can do this again sometime. 

I turned and was about to leave, but she called out to me.

Sona: Hey Y/N?

(Y/N): Yes?

Sona: I-if you're not doing anything later can you meet back here at the end of the day?

(Y/N): Um sure I can do that. 

After that I went to continue the classes for the day, which went on like normal. Classes were pretty mundane, I had lunch with my friend Koneko, and classes again. After that was the ORC meeting. 

Rias: Ok the only thing I have for everyone is that the abandoned church, which we recently discovered to be to be the hive for Rouge Fallen Activity, has burned to the ground. Multiple bodies were discovered there.

(Y/N): So someone burned the church with all the fallen angels in it?

Akeno: No when most fallen die they are reduced to feathers. If the church burned to the ground then there wouldn't be any remains to find. 

Rias: Correct, the bodies belong to rouge priests that allied themselves to the fallen. The only thing I ask is is everyone please be cautious from now on. We have no idea who is behind this. The fallen could be cleaning it up themselves, or it could be a third party. Either way I want all of you safe, you're all my precious family after all.

(Y/N): Hmmmmm.

Ddraig: What are you thinking partner?

(Y/N): When Rias said those words I expected to sense some sort of deception or malice, but I senses genuine sincerity and concern.  

Ddraig: Devils are naturally underhanded people who do what they have to to achieve their goals, that does not make their intentions necessarily evil. Rias has an agenda, I can tell she's almost at the point of desperation, but she will not throw away her pieces she legitimately cares about them, most of them. 

(Y/N): Issei. 

Ddraig: She is probably repulsed by his nature, but too desperate to not use him. 

(Y/N): Maybe we can help her.

Ddraig: Not in our current state. I need you to unlock my balance breaker. You're close. Then you'll need to actually be on good terms with them, not a fake piece. 

Rias: Alright everyone that's all for today be safe going home. Y/N can you stay for a moment please?

(Y/N): Of course.

Everyone else left, but I could sense a lot of hatred from Issei, I could also sense him waiting on the other side of the door. 

Rias: Now I have to ask. Are you ok? 

(Y/N): I-I'm sorry?

Rias: Are you ok? You seem distant and more unassociated lately. If there is anything troubling you please don't hesitate to tell me. 

(Y/N): I-I apologize for being distracted I- 

I was not expecting what happened next. She hugged me. 

Rias: Whatever it is, I am here for you. 

(Y/N): Then if I may ask...What is it that makes you so desperate?

Rias looked shocked at me like I had discovered her darkest secret.

(Y/N): I can feel your desperation. I would like to know what it is and if there is anything I can do to help it.

Le Timeskip

I called Ray on my phone to fill her in on the situation. 

Raynare: I see, that makes things complicated. 

(Y/N): Yeah, but now I'm about to go speak to Sona Sitri.

Raynare: Oh? What about?

(Y/N): I'm not sure. She was acting weird after I beat her in chess.

Raynare: Wait... you beat THE Sona Sitri in a chess match!?!

She sounded very upset.

(Y/N): I don't get why it's such a big deal

I just heard her sigh.

Raynare: Well let me tell you then.

Le Timeskip

I went into the student council. It appeared abandoned except for Sona.

Sona: H-hey Y/n There's something I need to tell you. 

Again help me out here and let's finish this together.