Chapter 2

I grumbled as I sat down looking at the sky hole carefully crafted by Amethyst to be a barrier keeping anybody from escaping, she also basically made this place impossible to find which was probably one of the reasons nobody got adopted.

I greeted Aureus in the icewing cave where I slumped against the wall and started scratching pictures into the stiff ice walls, which was no easy feat, probably why my talons were always so dull. Aureus made small talk with three curious shivering rainwings who poked their head in exploring.

" Pathetic creatures," I thought spitefully, " Flapping around without a care in the world, splattering their feelings all over their scales,"

I trotted out of the glittering cave as the rainwings were starting to speak in their high pitched loud, obnoxious, annoying voices.

"Is it really true you actually can breathe frost and freeze ray dragons!?" shrieked a purple rainwing in her shrill voice as I left, I didn't bother to even remember her name though I knew she and Aureus were friends.

I stuck my head into the nightwing den. It was the prettiest place here not counting the icewing den. The purple and red crystals were magnificent. I padded over to a dragonet around two years of age. He had dark black scales, with gray horns and underbelly, his wings were splattered with shiny white spots that looked exactly like the night sky I watched from the skyhole. I heard about the rivalry between the nightwings and icewings from the old history scrolls, I hardly cared, I am stuck here, my parents abandoned me, meaning I should take no part in any tradition they decide to set!

"Hi Tundra!" said Orbit Controller, "How was your day, your fanciness , wait how was I supposed to speak to an orphan, uhh you peasant? Wait no, your 3 years of age uhh young lady? Wait no your still a-

"Enough with the logic and reasoning over what to call me or whatever you're doing, if you're gonna have a conversation with yourself keep it in your head, what is up with you?" I asked, snorting.

"I found a book of how to address people in a posh matter," Orbit Controller said in a voice that was probably his attempt to sound sophisticated but really it sounded like he just ate a frog. He then held up his book. It was thick and looked around a 1000 pages.

I rolled my eyes and opened it up, and let me tell you you do not want to read this, it was so darn boring!

"How can you read this?" I asked.

"I don't know it just seemed interesting,"

"You think watching paint dry is Interesting!"

"I don't think watching paint dry is interesting, I just like waiting for the finished project, besides somebody has to make sure nobody ruins the paintings," he responded proudly puffing out his chest.

"Whatever Chief Paint Protector," I grumbled with a roll of my eyes.

"Aye aye Captain Cockroach!" responded Orbit grinning.

"That was ONE time! And that thing was TERRIFYING! Bugs are just EW! Give me an icy cold wasteland any day!" I said trying to sound offended yet I still could not hold back a grin.