No melody left

It is not new information, that despite his athleticism in volleyball, his passion lies in music. For a long time, his heart was composed of various melodies, all harmonizing together, it was magnificent. 

During his second year at Shirotorizawa, there came in a first year with a terrible haircut, and an attitude that got on his nerves, but the melody that came from him, this person threw him off balance. It was rugged and all over the place yet all this noise that he felt from the other, banded together, in a beautiful harmony. It was his missing piece, the final score that would complete him. But alas, he had not realized the value of him until so much later. It was when this person left, that the melody in Eita Semi's heart had disappeared, and for the first time in his life, he felt hollow. 

For awhile, he didn't wish to admit to himself, that Shirabu had left because of him. How could he? His boyfriend left him, with all his friends, to get away from him specifically, when he did nothing wrong. At least that's what he thought, but the more time he spent away from Shirabu, the more he realized how cruel his words had truly been. Semi was not the best with emotions, but that was no longer an excuse, especially with someone he called his boyfriend, someone he was supposed to change for. 

Semi raised his hand to his heart, feeling the outline of the guitar pick chain Shirabu had gifted him some time ago. Tears threatened to fall, but they dared not because to cry would be to admit defeat. Despite the hollow feeling growing in his heart, he felt determination as he sat upon his chair and began writing. He knew that an apology would no longer be enough, he needed to do something extravagant, something that would allow him to see Shirabu flustered once again.

It was a little early, and Semi was tired but that could not stop him. He grabbed his guitar and began strumming, experimenting with chords and notes to create a perfect melody. He had played various songs, by many artists, but he had never written one of his own before. His first song would be dedicated to Shirabu as an apology hence why it had to be perfect. Semi was beginning to feel exhausted, but he was determined. For all his doings, he would redeem himself, he owes at least that much.

A few hours had passed, Semi was beyond exhausted. It was past noon, and he hadn't even taken a shower. Reluctantly, he got up and started to freshen up, for you can only help others if you help yourself first. He had lived by the saying, and it had done him great. He thinks about it again, and his face scrunches up in pure frustration. How could he? To him? To someone he cared so deeply about. He hated that he wasn't able to do anything, it wasn't as if he could book a flight to wherever Shirabu was, because he didn't even know where he was. 

He constantly checked his phone, calling Shirabu relentlessly, but he was still blocked. He opens up his group chat with the others, all in a similar position to he, but only a few realise what terrible things they have done.

let's TACO about us 

Kurooster: Sooo, do we know where they are?

Deadchi: No we do not, but they'll be fine right?

SaltyBeanPole: Figure it out, and hurry up, I'm getting impatient

MilkAddict: I have a feeling I know where they are

WHERE??? :EmoSuga

MilkAddict: I'll tell you eventually

Germaphobe: what are you waiting for?

Germaphobe: Oh. Nvm

GodzillaArms: Wanna fill us in??

Germaphobe: No thx, figure it out

GodzillaArms: Don't need to, I already know

Germaphobe: Then why ask? :P

SirHootalot: KUROOOOO TELL MEEE WHERE AGASSHHII IS

Kurooster: Sorry Bokubro, couldn't tell you if I tried

SirHootalot: :(

Kurooster: Yeah, I'm not dealing with that. Bye

Oh- :EmoSuga

MilkAddict: Yeah

youshouldhavecometoShirotorizawa: May I also know where, I am starting to become more concerned for Tendou

NARuto: I think they'll be fine

OnigiriLover: Goodness help these people

. . . . .

Semi shut his phone off, annoyed at the chat's messages. He couldn't wait any longer, but then again he has more time to develop the song. He thinks as he looks at his musical equipment. With a new motivation, he ignores the buzzing  of his phone and walks over to his guitar. 

A week, he thinks, a week to finish this song. He thinks this because he doesn't have time, he wants more time, but he had already wasted a lot of it, underestimating the consequences fof his actions. He swears he'll make it happen, even if Semi has to sacrifice his sleep for it. 

So he works relentlessly. Semi works for hours on end for the next week, sleeping an hour per night at best, if sleeping at all. He works tirelessly on the song, making sure it is as perfect, as it needs to be. Crumpled papers lying about everywhere, sticky notes all over his room, with him at the centre. Heavy bags circle his eyes, and his wrists and fingers look almost bruised because of relentless use, but to him, it was worth it, every single moment. Because there on his computer, was a full song, recorded and edited. It was perfect, well at least he hoped. Exhausted, he smiled as he saved the files, and shut down his computer. 

Semi fell back to the floor with a thump, everything hurt. His back hurt from slouching, his wrists and fingers hurt from excessive use, his eyes hurt from staring at his screen, papers and crying and he hurt, because he knew it was his fault. Semi understood that his self-critical attitude would not get him much progress, so he pushed it away. Now they had come back, as he had finally finished. There was no point in dwelling on them now, so reluctantly he pushed himself up by his elbows and began cleaning.

No longer were there crumpled pieces of paper on the floor, or sticky notes all over the wall, but rather a messy stack of papers on his desk, and colourful pieces of paper in the bin. He felt better, even if it was slightly. He looked around and stared at the picture of him and Shirabu. He had framed the moment he got home. Semi smiles at the picture and flops onto his bed. He'll see Shirabu soon, he hopes as he falls asleep, finally resting peacefully.

....

As he sleeps away his phone lights up, a message:

Shira <3: I forgive you, I have faith you'll find us. Good Luck, Eita Semi

(A/N: Hi everyone! Hope you enjoyed the chapter, I'm sorry for the slow updates TwT. Anyway, it feels great to write again, I'll hopefully do some more soon.  Love you guys! Have a wonderful day/night.  

If you guys have any ideas, or comments feel free to type them out. I read all your comments, they make my day whenever I read them)