01

𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗥𝗘𝗜𝗦𝗦 𝗛𝗢𝗨𝗦𝗘
𝖳𝖧𝖤 𝖤𝖠𝖲𝖳 𝖲𝖨𝖣𝖤 𝖮𝖥 𝖳𝖱𝖮𝖲𝖳

𝗢𝗖𝗧𝗢𝗕𝗘𝗥 𝟮𝗡𝗗 , 𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟮
𝟬𝟵:𝟯𝟵 𝗣𝗠

— 👻🔪 —

"okay so, the popcorn is in the microwave and the pizza is on the way. what movie did you pick?" historia asks while bringing a bowl of chips and a box of coca-cola to the large living room; where she sets both things down on a glass coffee table.

just as she does so, her girlfriend, ymir, pushes a reflective dvd into the dvd player hooked up to historia's flat screen then rises to her feet. she dusts off her baggy sweats with a huff and steps over the coffee table to plop down on the curved couch. historia doesn't hesitate to pop a can of coke open and hand it over.

"it's a surprise." she smirks, taking a sip of the soda.

historia playfully rolls her eyes, "you and your surprises." she huffs, reaching for the bag of lays. she grabs a handful and stuffs it into her mouth.

how princess like. ymir thinks with a snort, earning a look from the blonde. "when will the pizza get here?"

historia flips her wrist around to look at the time presented on her smart watch. it's 9:39 now, and she ordered the pizza give minutes ago, so it should be here in... "ten minutes? why?" she meets ymir's eyes with confusion.

ymir's smirk widens, "ten minutes is long enough for some fun right?"

"i mean i guess so," historia pauses to scratch the back of her head, "but what if they get here early?"

"then they get here early." ymir shrugs.

"i don't want the pizza to get cold though. you hate cold pizza." historia states.

ymir purses her lips with a sigh. "sometimes i hate how much you care about me." she mumbles. with a dramatic sigh, she puts her can down on the table and stands up. "alright fine. i'm gonna go to the bathroom then."

historia watches her girlfriend drag her feet to the bathroom at the end of the hallway with her phone in hand. as soon as she exits her line of sight, historia stands up and quickly tiptoes over to the tv. there on the table below the mounted tv are half a dozen plastic cases.

historia mentally listed the names in her head as she found them: it: chapter one and two, the conjuring, the bird box, and the scream movies. there were others too, but she didn't bother even looking at those. she sat up a bit to look over her shoulder. ymir was still in the bathroom. with that thought in mind, she started picking up the dvd cases and shaking them to see if they were empty or not. the first scream dvd case was empty.

"not such a surprise now is it?" she giggles.

before claiming her spot on the couch, historia hurried to fix the dvds. ymir would, no doubt, know that she touched them if they weren't put back the right way.

historia is about to place her butt on the cream colored cushion when her phone starts to vibrate against the coffee table. with furrowed eyebrows, she plucks the device off of the table and flips it over. ymir. "why is ymir calling?" she asks herself, once again turning to look at the bathroom down the hall.

"ymir?" she speaks into the phone after sliding the green button across the green. "what's up? why're you calling me?"

it's silent for a moment. no one says a thing. historia waits for ymir—or whoever is on the other line—to answer by picking at her acrylics. i need to book an appointment soon. she says in her head after noticing how long her nails have grown and how blotchy the little painted frogs have gotten.