04

— 👻🔪 —

"huh? miss y/n! i'm so glad you could join us." zeke says as he turns away from the whiteboard.

she purses her lips into an awkward smile and nods, "yeah me too..."

"but uh," zeke scratches his beard, "mr. moblit had an appointment to get to. don't worry, he's okay."

with a shrug, she finds her seat by eren. as soon as she's seated, zeke continues to teach whatever moblit left behind for him. y/n and eren don't pay attention to whatever he's saying, though.

"i didn't know your brother was a sub." y/n whispers.

eren groans into his hands. he drags his ring-clad hands down his face and sighs.

"i didn't even know he was in town."

her eyebrow perks, but she doesn't question him any further. instead, she takes out a pencil and a notebook and starts taking notes like every other person in class.

while zeke spoke on how to fight infections, the kids jotted down anything they thought was important. knowing moblit, there had to be a surprise quiz at the end.

zeke talks until the end of class, leaving the students ten minutes (roughly) to pack up and take the quiz moblet left behind.

"just take out a piece of lined paper and number the lines from one-ten." the man says.

y/n takes out two pieces of paper and hands one over to eren, earning a cheeky smile and a small "thank you." first she puts her name and the date at the top before numbering the lines.

zeke turns around and starts writing the questions on the whiteboard in black ink. the questions are relatively easy—all ranging from what is an infection and what you can do to fight it—so it shouldn't take too long for the kids to finish.

"when you're done, bring it up here and put it in the basket." zeke commands as he sits down in moblet's chair.

the sound of pencil scratching against paper is loud in zeke's ears as he watches students look up at the board then look back down at their paper. some turn to face their partners with confused frowns, silently asking for help on certain question. that's what you have notes for, dipshit. zeke mentally utters as he spots eren leaning in close to y/n to ask a question. she rolls her eyes and flips open eren's notebook. she points at a certain part with her pencil before turning back to her own paper. this happens a few times before she gets up to turn in her paper.

"come on n/n, what's the answer to this one?" eren pleads in a whisper. "i'll do whatever you want, just tell me the answer."

y/n shakes her head, "uhnt uhnt, do it yourself."

"but—"

"it's not that hard, eren. if a freshman can do it," she motions her head towards one of the smart-ass freshmen they have in the classroom, "so can you."

and with that, the bell rings. y/n picks up her things and leaves the room without a second thought. she wanders down the hall to her locker where she shoves everything inside and slams the metal door shut. she doesn't bother grabbing her book bag or any books. she won't be needing any of that for the weekend.

y/n meets up with her friends outside by the flagpole. connie, sasha, and mikasa are already there waiting, but eren, jean, and armin are nowhere to be found.

"i'm so fucking ready for a nap," connie groans.

sasha and mikasa nod. "me too." mikasa sighs.

sasha yawns, "how much longer do we have to wait? i'm starving..."

sasha doesn't eat school lunch. as much as she loves food, she refuses to eat whatever the school provides. one year she found a short black hair in her plastic thing of peaches, and ever since then, she hasn't even touched the school lunches. instead she'll bring snacks from home and steal people's lunches from around her. however, snacks and stolen lunches can only go so far.

"as soon as armin and the dickheads get here we can leave." connie says, glancing at his watch, "you guys are coming over right?" he asks mikasa, "n/n plans on making pizza and we're gonna watch some old movies."

mikasa shrugs, "i don't see why not."

armin and the dickheads get to the flagpole a few seconds later, and as soon as they arrive, the group splits up to go to their separate cars. before leaving the parking lot, connie sticks his upper body out of his window and turns around to face the car—mikasa's car—behind him.

"we gotta stop by niccolo's place first, but we'll meet you at my place okay?" he yells.

mikasa sticks her thumb out the window. there was no way she was climbing out of her window and yelling back. 

connie sits back down and reaches over to turn up the music. everyone in the parking lot can hear a few seconds of baby shark before connie makes a sharp left with his speakers blasting cypress hill.