13

in honor of almost 1k reads, i have finally
decide to finish this book 🙏🏽

— 👻🔪 —

it's quiet in the jeager house. everyone's busy getting ready to relax for the evening. the girls are upstairs taking turns in the shower and connie is still on the couch, patiently waiting for everyone to join him for a movie.

"hey connie! can you go grab some more beers from the garage?" eren calls out from the kitchen.

connie looks up from his phone with a huff. "how many?" he shouts.

"just a few! however many you can carry!"

connie gets up from his spot on the couch with a groan and stuffs his phone into his hoodie's pocket. the trek to the garage feels like it takes longer than it usually does. eren's house is already massive, but after drinking and smoking for hours on end, the walls feels longer.

the cold, stale air of eren's garage nips at connie's bare skin. he exhales a shaky breath. do it quick. connie tells himself. be the flash. he quickly dashes across the garage to reach the fridge they have in there. he pulls open the door and grabs two beers.

the hairs on the back of connie's neck raise and he slows to a stop. something's wrong, but he can't place his finger on what exactly is the problem. the boy shrugs it off and starts to make his way back to the door. connie makes a move to open the door but someone beats him to it.

connie backs up with a start, "woah—" he gasps, his words dying on his tongue.

a ghost face stares right back at him. "uhm... is this a joke?" he asks, awkwardly scratching his head with a free hand. "haha, very funny. you got me! now take the mask off, eren."

the ghost face says nothing. they take a few steps closer until they're inside the garage then pull the door shut. it's then that connie takes notice to the long knife in the person's gloved hand.

"woah you're really into this huh? wait let me get into character." connie chuckles. he clears his throat and bats his eyelashes before looking up at the ghost face. "please don't kill me mr. ghost face!" he says with a squeaky voice (his interpretation of tatum from the movie), "i wanna be in the—"

connie gets interrupted by the ghost face driving their knife into his face. the sound of bone cracking is music to armin's ears. blood splatters all over the ghost face's mask, only urging him to push it further.

the beer bottles fall to the floor alongside connie's now limp body. the ghost face pulls the knife from connie's head then follows connie's body to the floor. they sits on top of his thighs and starts to plunge their knife into connie's chest.

armin looses count how many times he stabs connie with the knife after the second time. eventually, he just stops. his arm muscles burn, but it's a good burn. he welcomes the feeling with open arms.

the blond throws the knife off to the side and pulls off his mask. he glares down at connie's mutilated body with distaste. armin runs a gloved hand through his blond hair with a scoff, staining his pretty yellow locks pink.

"look at you... nothing but a bloodied corpse. you look better this way, connie." armin whispers.

he spares no mercy as he uses connie's body to stand up. for good measure, he kicks connie's head and spits in his face. only then does armin leave the garage with his mask in hand. to avoid being seen by anyone, armin tiptoes up eren's stairs and bolts to the jeager boy's room. thankfully no one's there, so he can hide the mask and take off the suit he had been wearing.