03

— 👻🔪 —

y/n spends the day in a daze. she can't remember much besides armin and sasha helping her to get classes and the occasional smoke break upstairs. otherwise, everything is just a big blur. it's similar for her friends too. they were a bit more lucid than y/n, but they still had fuzzy minds.

it was expected though. they just lost two very good friends, so it would only make sense if they flew through the day like ghosts.

towards the end of the day, y/n was called down to the office. she was sitting in english writing up a rough draft for an essay she had due two weeks from now when she heard her name called over the speakers.

"would y/n l/n please come to the main office." a femine voice says over the speaker system.

everyone in the class turns to face the girl in the back of the room. beneath the watchful eyes of her nosy peers, y/n slowly gets up from her seat and packs up her things. she tries to ignore the looks everyone gives her as she crosses the classroom and eventually leaves.

the walk down go the main office doesn't take very long seeing as the english hall was on the first floor too. she left the hall with the sound of her converse slapping against the tiled floor. thirty seconds later, she was stepping into the warm, cinnamon scented office.

sitting at the front desk is a women y/n knew all too well, and a man she barely recognized.

"hello dear," the woman greets y/n with a smile, "you can just walk in."

"thanks." y/n mutters.

without another word, y/n strolls towards the big brown door on the other side of the office. she only glances at the nameplate bolted to the door. "erwin smith" is reads in big capitalized letters.

she knocks once before someone pulls the door open. standing in the doorway is her principal erwin smith. he heaves a deep sigh before trying his best to genuinely smile.

"good afternoon, y/n. i hope we aren't keeping you from anything important." he chuckles, ushering her inside.

seated inside erwin's office is a single police officer. the officer is shorter than her, standing at probably 5'2, with a mean scowl plastered on his face.

"not really," she shrugs, "only hanji's off-topic rambling."

the blond chuckles.

"if you don't mind, i'd like to start the questioning." the short officer grumbles.

y/n doesn't say a word and plops down in one of the seats in front of erwin's desk. "ask away officer."

y/n was locked away in erwin's office for an hour, forced to answer detective levi's back-to-back questions. she was asked all types of questions relating to ymir and historia. some of them were about their relationship and their friends, while others were about possible suspects. y/n answered as best as she could beneath the cold eyes of the detective.

"thank you your time, y/n." erwin smiles, wishing her farewell. he and levi watch her trudge down the hall and towards her next class.

as soon as she leaves the office, erwin turns to face levi with a hard stare. "do you have any suspects yet?"

the short man scratches the back of his head with a sigh, "no. i didn't really get anything from her."

"but you were writing the entire time?"

levi shows his notepad with a huff, "i was doodling."

y/n's last class is on the third floor and by the haunted bathroom. it doesn't take too long to get there seeing as there wasn't any traffic in the stairwell. the bell rang five minutes ago and most people were in class, which left an empty stairwell for y/n.

all it takes is for her to step foot on the last floor and she's a wheezing mess. her calves burn and her heart is stuttering, a common feeling for y/n. she walks up these stairs everyday and everyday she gets this same feeling.

"god i hate these stairs." she wheezes, her voice hoarse.

after collecting her breath, the senior stands up and turns to walk down the hall. she passes by a couple classes before making it to her own, where she finds a substitute in the place of her normal biomed teacher.

"hello..." y/n utters, "where's uh... where's mr. moblit?"

standing in mr. moblit's spot is a tall blond man with a scruffy beard. he's lanky with long arms and long legs. there's a pair of thin wire-framed glasses on his face. one look at eren—who sits beside moblit's desk—and y/n can confirm that the substitute is zeke jeager, eren's brother.