Lies and Memories

"Hey," a soft voice spoke. "Michaela, wale up." My eyes fluttered open to see Daryl sitting on the edge of my bed, looking down at me. My room wasn't dark, but it wasn't lit up, how early did this asshole wake me up?

"Daryl?" I groaned. "What time is it?"

"Sun's just comin' up."

"Ugh." I buried my face into my pillow.

"Ya had a kid and ya still ain't a mornin' person?"

"Not until I've had my coffee." A quiet thud filled my ears. I glanced up at my bedside table at a small cup of coffee.

"We're havin' to ration, sorry it couldn't be more."

"Ya didn't have to in the first place...thank you." I slowly sat up and picked up the mug, deeply inhaling the aroma.

"Um...Michaela?" I looked to Daryl, who was looking away, making me realize that I was naked.

"What? Ya know I sleep naked."

"Didn't think you'd like me seein'."

"After the shit we've been through?" I scoffed and covered myself up. "Honestly, Daryl, you surprise me."

"Henry stayed with Lydia all night."

"Good."

"Good?"

"She bonded with 'em. I bet ya a squirrel that she'll be more open to talk today."

"I'd take ya up on that, but Aaron had put a hold on outings. Scheduled outings only?"

"What about me? I gotta go home."

"You'll have to take that up with him." Daryl reached beside him and placed an apple, hard boiled egg, and toast on my bedside table. "Finish up and get dressed. I'll be downstairs waitin'." I watched Daryl as he got up and opened the door, freezing as MJ came into view.

"Seriously?" MJ growled.

"MJ, it ain't what it looks like," I began, but MJ ignored me and stormed off. "Great, more people mad at me."

"I'll try talkin' to 'em," Daryl reassured.

"Okay, but fair warnin', he wants to kick your ass, probably even more so now." Daryl didn't respond and exited the room, shutting the door behind him. By the time I finished eating and getting dressed, Daryl already had Lydia's breakfast prepared. "How'd it go?" I asked as I fidgeted with my prosthetic's strap.

"He swung at me, but he missed," Daryl informed.

"I warned ya." I chuckled. "I'll be sure to talk to 'em before I leave." I sighed with frustration as I continued messing with my strap. "Stupid piece of shit."

"Need help?"

"Please?" Daryl walked over to me and adjusted my strap. "Thanks. Normally, I don't have issues with it."

"It looks like the leather is startin' to wear out. Let Earl know so he can fit ya with new straps."

"Yes, sir."

"Well, I'll be damned." Daryl and I looked up as Aaron entered the kitchen. "You mean you two are actually getting along?"

"Seems so."

"MJ is having a fit, care to tell me what happened?"

"He saw Daryl comin' out of my room and I just happen to sleep naked."

"Ohh, yeah, I can understand the confusion. So, what are the plans for today?"

"We're gonna take Lydia her breakfast and try gettin' answers out of 'er, and them I'm gonna head home." Aaron fell silent. "Ya can't keep me here, Aaron."