Feelings of Home

"Michaela," Eugene smiled as I entered through the gates. "It's been a while."

"Two days," I corrected. "Two miserable days."

"Miserable but productive, I hope."

"We found out some about the Whisperers, but not much. That girl we had, we had to return 'er to them...they had two of our people."

"Well," Eugene sighed. "Can't win them all." I climbed off of Lafayette and passed his reins to Scott, who took him to the stables.

"I miss anythin'?"

"The struggle of the love triangle that is Rosita, Siddiq, and Gabriel has decided to make their parent-stepparent thing work."

"That's good."

"I guess Siddiq decided to move to Alexandria to be involved in the kid's life."

"Good on him," I smiled. "Well, if that's all—"

"Well, not exactly. The council had a discussion about the fair at the Kingdom, some wanted a re-vote."

"Lemme guess, Michonne vetoed it?"

"No, it never went to vote because Gabriel insisted she would veto it no matter what...Michonne downright admitted she would've too. Some people think that we should make the decision and weigh the risks, but Michonne is looking out for Alexandria's keister rather than anyone else's."

"Well, y'all put 'er in charge of security for a reason."

"And she finally decided to yell at Negan for escaping."

"Finally?" I tittered "Took 'er long enough. Well, I'm gonna go see Harper and put the metaphorical bandaids on Negan's ego." I began walking up the street.

"Y-You won't find her with Negan." I instantly froze in place and turned to face Eugene.

"Excuse me?"

"I said—"

"I heard what ya said Eugene!" I snapped. "Where the fuck is my daughter?"

"S-She—" I glared at Eugene and he let out a sigh. "She took her from him, said she was spending too much time with him."

"Unbelievable," I shook my head. "Un-fuckin'-believable." I turned back around and stormed up the street. Once I reached Michonne's house, I slammed my prosthetic against the door." A few moments later, the door opened and Michonne looked at me with shock.

"Michaela, what a surprise," Michonne smiled. "I didn't expect you back so soon."

"Where the fuck is she?" I growled.

"She's taking a nap, why?"

"Who the fuck said ya could take 'er from Negan?" Michonne didn't answer. "Was it God? Did he speak to ya in his deep voice and say 'thou shalt not let Michaela raise 'er kid her way'? Huh?"

"Michaela—"

"Fuck you, Michonne, she's not your kid!"

"You're right, she's yours. And you should be raising her, not him."

"THAT AIN'T YOUR DECISION!" I roared. "If she was in danger, fine, but she was fine. Ya went against my parentin' decisions and decided that ya knew what was best for my daughter."

"I just don't think it's wise for her to be around him so much. I won't let Judith go anywhere near him."

"And that's your fuckin' choice! Do ya see me draggin' Judith or RJ down the street to spend time with 'em? No, because it's not my fuckin' decision!" I put my finger in n her face. "Pull some shit like this again, and I swear I'll—"