We Are Still Negan

"Where are ya goin'?" Daryl asked as Kal helped me mount my horse.

"Out." I deadpanned.

"Well, lemme just get my shit."

"You're stayin'."

"What?"

"What, don't trust me?" I instantly scoffed. "Oh, that's right. Ya don't."

"Michaela—"

"Don't, Daryl. I'm sick and tired of people not trustin' me around here. I ended the war, I did! I did exactly what Carl wanted me to do, and I'm the fuckin' enemy. That shit ends today."

"I just want what' best for ya, for the babies."

"They're taken care of. Don't you worry about that, ya just gotta worry about us."

"Us?"

"Marriage ain't a one-way street, Daryl. I trust you, ya don't trust me. What marriage survives if there's no trust? I've been honest with ya this entire time, and I don't need ya retaliatin' every time I am. I chose you, not Negan, not the fucking Saviors, you! If I chose the Saviors, if I had chosen to stay with Negan, do ya honestly think we'd be talkin' right now? Negan and I, we had plans. We'd end the war and we were gonna leave, find a place to live and raise the kids in peace. But here I am at the Hilltop because I chose you. So, stop treatin' me like I'm the fuckin' enemy!" Daryl remained silent. "Kal, open the gate."

"Where are ya goin'?" Daryl asked.

"Why should I—"

"Because you're my wife, you're carryin' my kids. I just wanna make sure you're safe."

"I'm goin' to the Sanctuary." I answered. "And before ya have a fuckin' stroke, I'm just goin' to get my clothes."

"Why?"

"Y'all didn't grab it. I only got a few outfits here, and that's from borrowin' from Maggie and whatever I packed when I left the Sanctuary. I'm just grabbin' the rest of my clothes and then I'm headin' to the Kingdom to see Anne. Someone there used to make prosthetics for people, so I'm gonna see what they got and see if she can rig somethin' up for me."

"Can I meet ya there?"

"Are ya gonna behave?"

"I'll behave."

"As in ya ain't gonna follow me to the Sanctuary?"

"I won't follow ya. Jeez, what's with your sudden need of privacy?"

"Not privacy, just space."

"Ya need space?"

"Yes, Daryl, I need space. I'm a walkin' hippo, got you and the rest of the communities eyeballin' me like a germ under a microscope, so sue me for wantin' some alone time."

"Okay, okay, fine. I'll— I'll give ya some space."

"Thank you."

"See ya at the Kingdom?"

"Sure. I'll meet ya at the front gates." I gently kicked my heels against the sides of my horse and guided it over to the gate.

"Best stick to the road as much as possible." Kal suggested. "Recon spotted a small herd five miles south."

"Anyone takin' care of it?"

"Jesus and a few others are about to lead them away."

"Good."