Negan's Secrets

"The babies are looking great." Siddiq smiled. "You taking it easy like I told you to?"

     "Much to my protest." I nodded.

     "Taking your vitamins?"

     "Again, much to my protest."

     "Hey, it's for the babies, keep that in mind."

     "I know, and thank you for coming out here."

     "Anytime." Siddiq smiled once more. "You've all done a lot of work in just the last few weeks. Rick told me he's impressed."

     "Because I am." Rick butted in as he entered the infirmary. "I'm not gonna pretend that I wasn't uneasy about this situation, but I'm glad you and Daryl talked me into it. The Sanctuary is comin' along real nice."

     "I can't take all the credit. If it weren't for the people here, it'd look like shit still. Eugene's done a great job findin' places to scavenge, even if it means travelin' further out."

     "How much further?"

     "Farthest we've traveled was fifty miles."

     "Fifty?"

     "It was a big score, I'd say it was a huge win."

     "How'd ya even know it'd be a good score?"

     "It's Eugene. He sent us to that sorghum place."

     "That didn't have any sorghum."

     "But it had supplies, lots of it. Sure, we didn't get to use any of it because of Jesus, but hey, it was still a good score." I chuckled. "I trust Eugene, he is very detailed in his research. He doesn't send us far out unless he is absolutely sure it's worth the trip. Also, next time you see Ezekiel, thank him for loaning us some horses, it really helps reserve gas."

     "It's no problem. How much longer do you think it'll be before Eugene can make gasoline?"

     "Apparently, I jumped the gun on that one. It's still possible to make, it's just gonna be a little bit because we need soybeans."

     "How much?"

     "Each bushel can make one and a half gallons of bio-diesel fuel, so a lot. He's also looking into some properties off site to produce this, seein' it's a dangerous process."

     "So, what is bein' done in the meantime?"

     "A lot of construction. We got the new area fenced in, the blacktop has finally been ripped up, and we've been savin' the seeds from the fruits we ate, found a few seed packets here and there, so we've planted them, hopin' that everythin' will grow proper; we've been turnin' waste into compost, so we're in high hopes."

     "Glad to hear it." Rick smiled. "How's Daryl handlin' it?"

     "Exactly how ya expected 'em to."

     "That bad?"

     "It took me an entire week to convince 'em to move into mine and Negan's old room. Had to agree to get rid of the bed, so we exchanged it for MJ's old bed. He's still not comfortable in that room, but it's the best place for us to be, considerin' it's the biggest room here besides the old wive's room, which they still take claim to."

     "It's not an easy move for 'em, ya knew that the moment ya volunteered. Ya also knew that he'd go with ya no matter what because he just wants to be with you as much as possible, seein' that he couldn't be with ya up until recently."