Prologue - a Door Closes, Another One Opens

"Talking"

'Thinking'

<< Message >>

<< Loud voice from megaphones/speakers >>

----------------------------------------------------------------------

<<--/// Lobotomy Corporation, Main Branch Facility ///-->>

Lobotomy Corp was a key entity in the city, as it supplied the necessary renewable energy to power it. Without this, the city would be forced to rely on alternative energy sources that would result in excessive pollution and harm to the residents.

As a busy day unfolded, an agent emerged from the containment chamber appearing visibly annoyed. "Goddamn it, Hod..." he muttered under his breath while scratching his head in frustration.

This was Hunter, team captain of the Extraction Department of the facility.

His team had just received a new abnormality and were dealing with Hod's meltdown, which was akin to a temper tantrum for robots.

Suddenly, Hunter's PDA buzzed, alerting him to a message from Binah, his Sephirah. << Orders from the top, Hunter. The manager has requested you perform instinct work on O-03-93 >> the message read.

Exasperatedly, Hunter sighed and rubbed the bridge of his nose, saying aloud, "Oh, come on."

Many others in Hunter's position would have been fearful of the unknown and the potential risks associated with working on an unfamiliar abnormality. However, Hunter was not your average agent. He was the manager's favorite due to his exceptional success rate on all types of work- except for attachment- and his ability to rapidly suppress abnormalities. His talents often drew envy from Malkuth, who would compare Hunter to her own control team agents, exhorting them to be more like him.

Hunter smiled wryly at the thought of Malkuth's competitive behavior, which he had grown accustomed to. Despite the pressure and expectations placed on him, he remained calm and confident, knowing that he had the skills and experience to handle the task at hand.

As an individual who has earned the favor of their manager, one must learn to navigate the highs and lows of such a status. Unfortunately, one of the drawbacks of being in such a position is currently happening right now.

Upon arrival at the destination, the protagonist found themselves standing before a containment chamber, taking measured breaths to calm their nerves. Shortly after, another agent, sporting a pink suit and wielding a pink sniper rifle, approached them.

"Hello, Hunter," the agent greeted.

"What's up? Are you here to suppress the entity if it breaches?" Hunter inquired.

The agent nodded in confirmation. "Not only that, but I'm also here to shoot you with this should you lose control and pose a threat to us" the agent said as he showed Hunter his pink sniper rifle

Hunter chuckled nervously, his apprehension palpable. "Just please don't aim for my face," he said, trying to lighten the mood.

The agent responded with a mischievous grin. "I can't make any promises." Their gaze drifted towards Hunter's suit and weapon. "Nevertheless, I find it astounding that you managed to unlock the E.G.O.'s full potential. Even the infamous red mist couldn't accomplish that"

"Experience and skill are everything," Hunter replied, taking a deep breath. "Either way, the Red Mist can still kick my ass."

As Hunter stepped into the chamber of the abnormality, he felt a rush of excitement. His face morphed into an amused grin, his nervousness and fears evaporating in an instant. He was ready for whatever lay ahead.

Before him stood an abnormality unlike any he had seen before: a cluster of gray legs emerging from a glowing heart. The heart was bordered by a brilliant blue light that encircled a black abyss.

Hunter pulled out his clipboard and began jotting down notes. 

This abnormality may appeal to those with a foot fetish, but it's not recommended for attachment work as things may get weird. Judging by the sudden headache, it probably deals white damage.

"Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Hunter, and I will be working with you," he announced to the abnormality, although it remained unresponsive.

Undeterred, Hunter continued with his duties, "As part of my duties, may I offer to massage your legs, let you have some drink, or clean you?" Once again, there was no reply.

Suddenly, Hunter felt an inexplicable urge to leap towards the anomaly, as if some external force had taken control of his actions. He was startled by a voice as he sat on the floor, and his eyes glowed an eerie blue. Compelled to approach the anomaly, Hunter took another leap, and was subsequently drawn into its grasp and spaghettified, akin to the effects of a black hole.

As Hunter met his end, a voice boomed through the speakers outside of the containment. It was Binah, and her words left everyone in a state of despair and panic.

<< I can hear the thrilling sound of life's end for agent Hunter >>