Chapter 9 - SO CUTE!!!

"Talking"

'Thinking'

'E.G.O'

<< Message >>

<< LOUD VOICE FROM SPEAKERS/MEGAPHONES >>

-------------------------------------------------------------------

He arrived not a moment too soon. The door to the waiting room had just barely closed when the door to the office itself opened. A drunk-looking man entered the waiting room and looked around for just a second before his eyes landed on him.

An awkward moment rolled by. Ah damn, he was supposed to say something, wasn't he?

Hunter was about to speak, but the man spoke first "So, you're the little kid Ozpin told I'd tour around? First time interacting with a kid from another world"

"My names Hunter. You?" He offered his hand for a shake to the stranger.

The stranger grabbed the hand and shook it "The name's Qrow, kid, student at Beacon. Spelled with a Q instead of C"

"Well, your parents are creative" Hunter said.

Qrow chuckled and drank his flask. From what Hunter could smell, it was alcohol, and a strong one at that.

"Well kiddo, no time to spare, got places to be. Let's go" Not waiting for an answer, Qrow left the room, leaving Hunter flabbergasted.

"Wow, that guy has no manners at all" Hunter said.

After catching up with the drunkard, Qrow bought Hunter to important areas and landmarks. Like the Beacon Academy, the dust stores, and smithies. He also told Hunter that there are restricted areas he shouldn't go to.

Hunter expected a lot of impressive stuff. Granted, Beacon academy was a sight to behold with its large and grand structure, but the rest of the landmarks honestly didn't interest Hunter at all. He could stare at Burrowing Heaven and it'd be more entertaining than this.

"Well, that's the last of the important stuff. So, what do you think? About Vale?" Qrow asked, interested to hear Hunter's thoughts.

"Could've used some improvements with the aesthetics in my opinion. Vale looks... Dull" hunter said, making Qrow laugh and pat Hunter on the shoulder.

"Hahaha! Glad I'm not the only one. Say, how old are ya, kid?" He asked.

"19. Why?"

"Oh good, let's buy ourselves some booze. Flask ran out twenty minutes ago"

Before the two of them could talk any further. A kid bumped into Qrow. Said kid apologized before continuing running.

More people ran in the same direction. Qrow stopped one of them by holding them on the shoulder.

"Hey, what's happening?" The drunkard asked.

"I heard the cutest thing in the world is somewhere around here! I saw it on the net recently! Can I go now? Ireallywannaseeitpleasepleaseplease-"

"Woah woah, calm down. You can go now" The civilian immediately bolted. Qrow scratched his head in confusion "Sheesh, that guy is like Ruby when she sees cookies" He then notices Hunter, who was looking kind of shocked "What's up, kid?"

"Qrow, get the people away from Ppodae. That thing is dangerous to normal people!" It was true, clerks from the facility frequently die to the goodest boy in the world whenever it breached.

"You never explained why"

"Trust me!"

Not waiting for Qrow to speak, Hunter rushed towards the location of the cutest thing in the whole universe.