Chapter 9 - Gray Haired Headmaster

"Talking"

'Thinking'

'E.G.O'

<< Message >>

<< LOUD VOICE FROM SPEAKERS/MEGAPHONES >>

-------------------------------------------------------------------

When Hunter woke up, he didn't immediately open his eyes. He was too tired to do that right away. He groaned and shifted, enjoying the way the soft fabric he lay on brushed against him.

Morning light flooded into the hospital room through the open window and shone into Hunter's eyes. He sat up as he can't sleep longer with the sunlight on his face.

He opened his eyes and looked around. His EGO weapon lay on the side of his bed. There were dozens of machines surrounding him, some had a tube attached to his arm. It was a hospital room.

"Oh, hello Hunter, you're awake! Fantastic! You were unconscious for 2 hours, and you're already awake!" He heard an unknown voice say. He turned his head to see a Faunus. From what the individual was wearing, Hunter guessed it was a nurse. How did he miss her when he was looking around?  "You took an unpleasant wound on your neck, but thankfully your aura was unlocked in time to save you. You actually have a lot by the way, any less and you may not have fared so well. But don't worry, you'll be fine. I'll tell your friend that you've woken up" The nurse flashed a warm smile and turned back around to leave the room, her tail waving lazily behind her as she left.

As Hunter was left to his own thoughts, Wolf's voice echoed through his mind

'Little sheep, that was a disappointing show of hunting'

'Please shut up, I just woke up' 

The wolf didn't say anything and howled in laughter. The door opened again, it's the nurse. 

"I'll let him in now and give you some privacy," the nurse said before dutifully departing, leaving the door conveniently open. 

That didn't stop the drunkard from slamming past it, swinging it into the wall with a loud crash as he stumbled into the room. He blinked a few times and shook his head, then turned around and grabbed the door, smashing it closed with a crack like thunder, loud enough to wake the dead.

"Oh hey, drunkie" Y/N asked. Voice raspy as he still hasn't drunk any water. 

Hunter could smell the alcohol reeking off of Qrow. He checked the clock on the wall, seeing that it was almost nighttime. Halfway through the day, this man was already wasted.

"Heyyyy kid, the nurse told me that you just woke up, so I came here to see how you're doing. So?" Qrow gave Hunter a questioning stare.

He stumbled over beside Hunter's bed and patted him on the head like he would a puppy, but that puppy brushed his hand off.

"So?" Hunter repeated, not getting what he was asking.

"How are you feeling?" 

Hunter sighed in exhaustion "Tired. Those students were brutal. I think it might've turned out better if only I was able to use Justitia"

Qrow winced. "Sorry about that."

The former agent brushed away the apology with a wave of his hand "Don't be, it wasn't your fault"

Qrow didn't appear satisfied, but he also didn't continue. Instead, he switched to a new topic.

"The doc told me you're going to make a full recovery. A couple more days of rest and you should be back to normal again" he said, playfully punching Hunter's arm. "Hell, you're already in a good enough state that I could have you discharged if you want"