Chapter 12 - Jacques' Request

(IMPORTANT) 

Reading and editing this fic to fix some inconsistencies/mistakes, which are: 

Winter being already a specialist while Weiss is 12  (According to wiki, they are 4 years apart)

Qrow being an official hunter. Decided to change that because team STRQ still exists in their huntsmen/women-in-training days.

Hunter's inconsistent age. He's now officially 19.

If I missed some, please do notify me about it

----------------------------------------------------------

"You know, I expected something bad when you called me, but this is actually kind of good, sir" Hunter said, holding a briefcase full of lien. 

Hunter was in Jacques' office, sitting down on the chair in front of the office desk

"Consider it as a reward. People tested those positive enkephalin boxes from that monster you captured produced. They said it produces more energy than regular dust, and so far, it only works on any machines"

'Well, I'm glad they haven't found out what happens if a human consumes it. I don't want to handle someone else's addiction' Hunter silently sighed in relief. 

'I have to admit, it was an amusing sight, little sheep' 

'It wasn't for me. Seeing my friend in that state...' 

Hunter shook his head to interrupt that thought, and turned his attention back to the present. 

"Well, I'm sure you people would figure out how to implement it into weapons soon enough" Hunter said.

Jacques laughed "Indeed, indeed! Once that happens, the stocks would skyrocket!" 

Hunter stared at him '...What a greedy man' 

'Did you... Just realized that sinner is greedy? Just now?'

'I'm impressed he was oblivious to it for this long. What a disappointment, little sheep'

'Why don't you guys have a mute button?'

"Anyway, let's get to business" Jacques leaned, his arms at the table. He looked at Hunter with a serious expression "Hunter, I did not just call you here to reward you. I have a request, you see. If you accept, I'll double your salary for a year" 

"I'll accept depending on what you want me to do, sir" Hunter replied. 

"I want you to teach Winter regarding combat and techniques" as Jacques said that, Hunter's jaw fell agape, shocked at the request "I know of your skills as a fighter. It can rival that of a specialist or a hunter" 

"But I don't have any formal training, I'm just self-taught unlike some academy combat training. I don't know if my fighting style would suit her. And, I'm already busy enough managing the facility and keeping the workers safe" 

Jacques rubbed his chin as he began to think "I trust you enough to find ways about it. As for your workload, I can have Klein rearrange your work and teaching hours"

"We only met for a month, and you already trust me that much..." Hunter muttered "Can I know the reason why you want me to teach her?" 

Jacques leaned back, his gaze piercing as he considered Hunter's question. A moment of contemplation hung in the air before he spoke, choosing his words carefully.

"Winter has potential, but she lacks a certain... Adaptability. She's had the best formal training, but I believe exposure to a more unorthodox, real-world combat style might broaden her skills. Ironwood and I observed your fights, Hunter, and there's an efficiency, a resourcefulness that formal training sometimes lacks"