Chapter 10 - Back at Atlas

"Talking"

'Thinking'

'E.G.O'

<< Message >>

<< LOUD VOICE FROM SPEAKERS/MEGAPHONES >>

-------------------------------------------------------------------

It had been 2 days since Hunter was admitted to the hospital for recovery, and now he was fully healed and ready to go. 

During the past 2 days, Hunter had been practicing how to use his aura and how to use his semblance. He had made great progress in his usage of his aura, which felt weird like he's wearing a 3rd skin. 

On the other hand, he still doesn't know what his semblance is, let alone how to activate it. He couldn't ask Qrow or Ozpin for help, he was pretty sure they were busy. 

No matter how many tutorials he watched on Dusttube about semblances, he still couldn't get it to work. Hunter guessed the way to activate semblances is different for other people since other videos had different processes and methods.

To the present, today was the day that he was going back to Atlas. Thanks to Ozpin's kindness, he had let Hunter ride an airship to Atlas, free of charge.

Before Hunter got aboard the airship, he bought a caged Ppodae with him from a crazed green-haired professor and said his goodbyes to Ozpin and Qrow with another strict-looking blondie scolding Hunter to call Ozpin 'Headmaster' which he ignored since Ozpin himself said it was alright. 

The trip back to Atlas was the same as his ride to Vale, luckily there were no delays or any events that would hinder his trip back.

As soon as the airship arrived at Atlas and he stepped out of the airship, he was immediately greeted by Winter, who was wearing her specialist uniform as usual. 

"Hunter, welcome back" Winter let out a welcoming smile and shook hands with Hunter " father has been waiting for your arrival" 

"Are you going to escort me to him?" Hunter asked.

Winter nodded "By my father's orders. Now come, you know how father is when he waits for long"

Without waiting for a response, she motioned Hunter to follow her, which he did. They entered a vehicle and made themselves comfortable. 

The vehicle began to move, and unluckily for them, there was a lot of traffic. Neither of the two spoke as silence filled the vehicle.

"So, what makes specialists, specialists?" Hunter asked, deciding to break the awkward silence

Winter glanced at Hunter and gave the answer "Atlas soldiers are trained common people without aura, while us specialists are trained huntresses and huntsmen in Alsius"

Hunter rubbed his chin in curiosity "Huntresses? Huntsmen? I've heard of those terms before but I never asked what they are" 

"You've been here for almost 2 weeks and you don't know what they are?" 

Hunter shrugged "Forgot to ask, I've been real busy"

Winter sighed "Huntresses and huntsmen are licensed warriors dedicated to slaying the Creatures of Grimm and whose duty is to uphold the peace. The difference between specialists and normal huntsmen is that we are tied to Atlas, meanwhile, normal huntsmen are free from allegiance to a specific Kingdom" Winter looked out of the window and rested her head on her palm.

Hunter nodded, satisfied with the information that he got. He had another thing to ask, though. 

"Say, why is your father so hated? I've come across several people that hated his guts, especially those Faunus people. Can't be some coincidence, right?"