Chapter 5: Wood of Iron

"Talking"

'Thinking'

'E.G.O'

<< Message >>

<< LOUD VOICE FROM SPEAKERS/MEGAPHONES >>

Horny Angela lore continues

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Hunter was slightly fidgeting as he sat on a comfy chair. He was nervous to speak to headmaster Ironwood. It had been a couple of minutes since Hunter entered the office and none spoke or started a conversation. 

It's not that Hunter was extremely shy, he just doesn't know how to act in front of a high-ranking individual with the exception of the manager and Angela. 

Ironwood glanced at Hunter and continued writing on his paper "So, what made you want to schedule a meeting with me?" 

"Well, I just want to ask several questions regarding my situation here" Hunter waited for the headmaster to reply. 

Ironwood nodded "Go on"

"Okay, sir. Is it alright for me to call you sir or headmaster?"

"Both are fine"

"Alright, the first question, are there others with a similar situation as me, sir? Came from another world, something like that" 

Ironwood thought for a bit "...As far as I know, no. You'll have to ask Ozpin for that. He's the headmaster of Beacon academy located in Vale. He has more experience and knowledge than me, that I can assure you"

Hunter frowned. Bummer, he doesn't really have the money right now to go there. Looks like he'll just pray to whatever god there is back home to protect his siblings. 

"Second question, am I going to be experimented on, sir?"

"Unless you approve, no one will force you to" 

Hunter nodded with a smile "Alright, third, is there a technology that can create portals, sir? I apologize for asking the question if it is confidential"

"No, it's simply too advanced for us to make" 

Hunter's smile vanished and returned to frowning.

"Alright, last question. What now? I don't have a home, and no job to earn any money, and there's no way for me to get back. I'm just a guy thrust into an unknown world with different laws and morals. I'm pretty much screwed" 

"Well, you can always serve under the Atlas military or work as a civilian since I have requested the council to give you citizenship in Atlas, whichever would you like" Ironwood replied, completely stopping his writing and turning his full attention at a slightly distressed Extraction Department team captain.

Hunter tapped his chin as he heavily thought the choices. Being civilian doesn't sound too bad, he can relax and find a way back on his own pace. But Wolf would start being a bitch and pester him to continue the hunt as 'It is the role for the wolf to hunt'. 

Being in a military also doesn't seem too bad, so far the creatures of Grimm aren't too dangerous and dangerous at the same time. It's hard to explain. Plus it seems to be the easier way to make some money.

Ironwood tapped his finger on his desk "Ah, that reminds me. The CEO of the Schnee Dust Comapany has been wanting to have permission to meet you"

'CEO? That's like a head of a wing, right?' Hunter raised his eyebrow. The door behind him swung open as a serious-looking woman with snow-white hair tied to a bun, which he guessed was a specialist from the outfit, walked towards Ironwood and saluted. 

"General Ironwood, sir. You called me?"

"Winter Schnee, good to see you. This is Hunter, the current talk of the kingdom. Hunter this is Winter Schnee, the CEO of the Dust Company's eldest daughter, currently studying to become a specialist"

Hunter stood up and extended his hand to shake her hand "Nice to meet you. Heard your pops is interested in me?"

Winter eyed his hand a bit before slowly accepting his hand as they shook. 

"Likewise" They then stopped shaking and place her hand behind her back "...Indeed, father has been talking about you, and he wants to meet you. Would you like me to take you to our home?" 

Hunter glanced towards Ironwood, who gave a short nod "Ah, what the hell. Sure, got nothing to do anyway. So, see you later, sir?"

"That's general to you" Winter harshly said as she walked away. Hunter stared at the figure and then turned to look at Ironwood, baffled.

"Hm?" Ironwood raised his eyebrow at Hunter.

"General, I thought you were okay with me calling you sir"

Ironwood chuckled "I am, Winter is just a bit uptight. But when you get to know her, she's sweet and honest. Go along now, I have things to do as well" 

Hunter bowed "Thanks for taking some of your time, see you again, sir" 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Incredibly short chapter, yeah. I'm just not used to writing long chapters.

Anyway, I seriously have no idea if I should get Hunter a love interest or leave things be.

I thought about Blake being Hunter's love interest so I could make the Boyfriend vs Ex-boyfriend battle. But then I scrapped the idea because I seriously don't have any idea how to make romantic scenes. I'd love to read your inputs, just give me something easy.