Broken But Still Breathing

A/N:

A single clip in YT started it all. Just a one-shot so I could let it all out and finally sleep.

***

Scenario: Sky is walking around the vicinity of their university along with some of his classmates (Rain is not around) while carrying donation boxes. The whole class decided to raise funds to help children in need with their school supplies. Story takes place after his and Prapai's 'wild night'. 

It was still scorching hot even if it was already late in the afternoon as Sky and a few of his classmates were walking around campus to raise funds for their charity event.

They have been out under the sun for almost two hours now and most of them are already tired and perspiring a lot. Summers in tropical countries such as theirs are not only hot but also very humid. A very good combination for draining one's strength and energy.

Most of Sky's female classmates that are still around are already sitting under some form of shade while some of the guys took it upon themselves to get them some drinks.

While Sky continues with the work not minding the heat, nor the sweat, or anyone in particular really. He's always been this way. Unfazed. Indifferent. Independent. A person who just minds his own business. He's not one to complain a lot. And has already mastered the art of simply accepting whatever comes his way. With a calm demeanor. 

Sky believes there's no point in complaining, much less crying. Those two don't solve anything apparently. And furthermore, Sky hates looking weak. And those two: crying and complaining, and not more readily associated with strong people. 

He hates a few other things too but one particular thing Sky likes is a sky without clouds. A literal blue ceiling above the earth with no pesky cloud to 'ruin' the magnificent backdrop. No annoying white speck of dust and water droplets to blemish an otherwise perfect painting. 

Sky's name too, according to his father, was taken from the blue cloudless sky he was looking at, after going outside to get some fresh air during work hours.

But, a sky with no clouds isn't all rainbows and sunshine, unfortunately. And this fact, Sky soon realized. And once again, is becoming more obvious in his current situation. It's too hot without any cloud providing some form of shade. And the sweat dripping down the side of his face was a clear evidence of it.

Until, suddenly, the otherwise clear sky darkened and a handkerchief touched the side of his face.

Sky turned to look at the hand on his side and traced where it came from. 

"Wha-" Sky wasn't able to fully articulate the word after seeing 'that' familiar face.

"Hi." 

A smile that can only be described as mischievous is hanging on the other person's lips. Sky was momentarily tempted to wipe it off.

"You're here." Sky simply said.

"In my handsome flesh." 

Someone can't help but roll his eyes.

"You are not a student here." 

"I am Prapai."

"I don't remember asking."

"I volunteer the information. Just like how I will volunteer a 1000 baht for a donation." 

Prapai said as he get a crisp bill from his wallet and slowly dip it into the narrow opening on top of Sky's donation box all the while engaging in a staring contest with the younger. Sky decided to be generous and let him win for once as he turned his eyes away. 

"Thank you for your donation." Sky and his scripted response. "People who donated a 100 baht or more can choose one origami piece." He added after setting down the box and getting another smaller one with delicately folded cranes and other origami pieces. 

"I can take one?" Prapai asked.

"Take whatever you want." Sky replied.

"You sure about that?"

Sky looked at him and considers the question. With this guy, even a simple question sounds complicated.

"I am." 

"Then I'll take this one." Prapai said grabbing his wrist.

"I mean any origami piece." Sky said with a sigh. He was half-expecting it.

"But I like this one better."

"No."

"I will create a scene here."

"Bring it on."

"But--" Prapai realized it was hopeless and changed his approach.

"That was all my cash. I donated everything. Can't you indulge me a bit more? I'm hungry." He looked like a kicked puppy and so Sky was compelled to relent.

After handing his box to another classmate, Sky went away with Prapai.

In a park outside the campus, the older is left sitting on a bench as Sky get them something to eat. After a while, Sky came back.

"Let's sit somewhere else. It's too hot here." Prapai suggested but Sky didn't mind him and sat on his left.

"I like the view better here." Sky said and gave the other a bread and a cold drink.

"Breathtaking," Prapai said while looking at him.

After a while, they started eating and were both looking in the same direction.

"You like blue skies that much?" The older suddenly asked.

"Hm. That's where my name come from."

"It's a good name."

"Do you like blue skies?" Sky returned the question.

"I do. But a cloud will make it better. It's too hot without one."

The older answered candidly.

"I don't like clouds," Sky confessed.

"Why?"

Prapai asked taken aback and added. "Not all clouds bring rain."

"I know." Sky said. "I just find them fickle and fleeting. Here now and gone the next second. They don't stay for long."

Prapai feels there's more to Sky's statement and that it wasn't just a simple observation.

"Don't be too hard on the poor cloud. That's what's expected of him."

Prapai said pretending to joke and trying to make light of it but added, 

"Maybe it wants to stay, but it kept feeling he was expected to go away."

And with that, he turned to his left and share a meaningful look with Sky.

***END***

A/N:

CRINGE-Fest. 

Good mor-night.^-^