The Love Story

A/N:

This is not what you think it is.

Another standalone one-shot.

This is from my VeeMark story which is no longer available for my readers but I'd still like to share with you. Hope you enjoy it.

Lightly edited to best fit the PrapaiSky dynamics.

***

Continuation of the scene where Sky called Prapai to help him with a project but the senior misunderstood it as an emergency. My version.

After calling his senior out-of-nowhere to help him with his project, Sky dragged Prapai to a newly-opened restaurant near their university. Like some sort of peace offering. And also because Sky had long heard about its soft opening and its good reputation that he sincerely had all the intention to visit the place but has actually never really gotten to it. Things got busy recently. And his P'Prapai also got engrossed with work that he barely had time to visit him much less, take him somewhere else.

Fortunately, an opportunity presented itself so there they are in front of the place --The Love Story.

Right. That was the name of the place. The Love Story.

Suspicious? Definitely.

Cheesy as hell? Extremely.

And this is also one of the reasons why Sky is a bit hesitant to dine here initially.

But then again, putting aside name of the place, the rumored 'creative' menu is so tempting, and the insistent encouragement from his friends that this is a must-visit before he dies is calling out to the curious cat in him. Not that he has a terminal illness or anything.

And so today, when Prapai said he could spare him an hour or two, Sky decided it was about time to cross out a place in his bucket list.

Let's see how creative their menu is, Sky thought.

Though Sky has long heard rumors about the place's menu, he really didn't know the actual names of the dishes. Like the ending of one famous play, those who have visited and dined at the said place were asked to keep the menu secret before leaving the restaurant.

It's a little secret between them and their customers and by luck, all the previous diners proved loyal and cooperated, keeping quiet on the names thus keeping the novelty and mystery surrounding the place. So even though Sky had heard the 'rumors' it was his first time knowing the particular names of the dishes. His senior too was equally in the dark about the whole secret and was thus similarly surprised, as Sky read out loud a name on the menu he's holding.

"He loves me . . . he loves me not . . . for 80 baht." Sky read the first dish on the menu in a fading voice as pinkish hues rose up to his cheeks.

[As written on the menu]

* He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not ..... 80 baht

Description:

~ Tempura-style squash florets with The Love Story's secret sauce.

Prapai's hand that is about to open his own menu stopped frozen and with a look of equal parts surprise and amusement, turned to look at his blushing nong.

"T-that was the name of the dish." The younger explained without looking at him.

Prapai then hurried to open his own menu and see it for himself. And there it was, that name was there and based on the description, it is supposed to be for some deep fried squash flower (like how you do it for tempuras) coupled with the place's secret sauce.

A loud amused laugh soon followed.

"This place is interesting." Prapai said in between laughs.

While the older is clearly entertained, Sky only had one dying wish. And that is, for the ground to miraculously open and swallow him whole and his red as hell embarrassed face.

Sky really liked eating fried squash florets but knowing the name this restaurant had chosen for the innocent vegetable, Sky found himself not too eager to order it right away.

Why does it have to be a 'he'?, Sky thought to himself.

Trying to find another dish with a more normal name, Sky reads the next ones in silence.

* Flowers For Me? ..... 150 baht

Description:

~ A bed of aphrodisiac organic flowers and greens with The Love Story's take on the favorite Asian dressing.

This one is a salad. Seems a healthy choice but then again, Sky found the name a bit . . . and the description too. Why is there a BED and an APHRODISIAC somewhere in the explanation of what the food is about?

* I'm Wild For You ..... 125 baht

Description:

~ The Love Story's take on everyone's favorite mushroom soup. With wild shitake mushrooms: earthy and yummy.

* Unrequited Love ..... 215 baht

Description:

~ One can't have it all the time . . . Hopefully the sourness of this dish, though reminiscent of a lost love, overwhelms you only with the best memories of a love once shared.

That's it?, Sky thought internally.

What are the ingredients? What kind of soup is this? Is this a mystery dish? Another secret? And why would a soup with a name, 'Unrequited Love' be almost twice the price of the other ones here? Is pain supposed to be expensive? Is heartbreak supposed to be costly?

Sky had a frown on his face and Prapai is guessing that the younger is as surprised as he is about the menu. Still, he decided to play evil and tease him a little so he can enjoy his blush a bit longer.

"I didn't know you like to eat at these places." Prapai started.

"It's my first time here." Sky replied non-chalant.

Prapai pretends not to believe him.

"Really? I don't think so."

"Think whatever you want." Sky said and stood up. "I lost my appetite."

Alarmed, Prapai quickly grabbed his wrist and made him sit beside him.

"Not until you . . . MARRY ME." Said Prapai while grinning at the younger.

"What nonsense -"

"Well you're hungry, I'm hungry for you. So let's just eat this dish and be done with your blushes, shall we?" Prapai said pointing at a specific dish on the menu. Which is:

* Marry Me, Moussaka .... 115 baht

Description:

~ Reinforce your togetherness with this eggplant treat baked in rich tomato sauce and topped with melted cheese.

Just then, Sky's stomach grumbled reminding him of his hunger and so even though reluctant, he sat quietly beside the other and let him order for him.

He'll have his revenge someday, for now, he'll eat.

***

A/N: Hope you enjoyed the update.