Runaway Pt.1

A/N:

An AU where Prapai is one of Sky's seniors. And they are both Engineering students. Sorry, not sorry.

Sky's point of view.

***

I know the sound of his footsteps the same way I can differentiate my ballpen from those of my classmates even though it is of the same brand, same color, and the same level of ink. 

I have keen attention to detail. I eat crumbs of focus every day. 

There are certainly differences. 

Tiny cracks and imperfections only I know. Atom-sized peculiarities and uniqueness that sets it apart from all other footsteps I've ever heard before. And I am seldom wrong. His footsteps could be sometimes hurrying, sometimes tiptoeing, sometimes skipping but I always know it was Phi Prapai's the moment I hear it. 

I know. I'm sort of a genius. 

If this talent can be officially recognized, I swear I will make it all the way to the Olympics. 

Sadly it's not.

How is that possible you are probably tempted to ask. Well, it's simple, because ever since I've recognized and identified his footsteps from all the others, I've always managed to escape him and he never once caught me. Except for all the times we have to do the drill on the soccer field or the times we have to attend a tutorial session managed by the seniors, I've always managed to run 10 meters away from my approaching senior. 

I'm a smooth criminal, yeah.

And that was how I lived my student life from the start of my freshman year up until a few days ago when suddenly, out of nowhere, while I was listening to a song with headphones on (talk about a very bad decision), said senior caught me off-guard.

"Peek-a-boo!" The sudden apparition before my eyes shell-shocked my peaceful afternoon and I fell off my chair.

"Ouch! That hurts." I exclaimed. Pain evident in every single syllable.

"Got you!" The senior said with a smirk while assisting me to stand up. He grabbed my arm and I stood up still wobbly from the fall. I have no sense of balance yet which caused me to fell forward to him. 

"You okay?" P'Prapai asked.

"Yeah, sure. I'm fine, Phi." I said in a non-committal voice while pulling away. I am in some dangerous position I need to get away from as soon as possible. P'Prapai though wasn't in a rush to let go of my arms. 

"Good."

Are you serious?

"Yeah, GOOD. Try to be so surprised you fell of a chair and tell me what good is to be had in that." I spit out the words like they were some venom. Then I fling my arms off of his hold. With my patience running out, my grumpy side came out and my filter malfunctioned. 

If P'Prapai noticed my lack of manners and polite speech he was so generous to let it slide and not take it against me. 

He then proceed to check my arms and back and everything he can put his hands on to see if I have a cracked bone or a missing tooth. 

"Nothing seems to be broken but just to be sure, hop on my back and I'll take you to the infirmary so they can check."

I stared at him dumbfounded. 

What in the bl hell is he suggesting? 

The heck I'm going to do that piggyback ride. Just kill me instead. I'd rather RIP myself than be baked in embarrassment. 

"It's okay, Phi. I'm fine now. Really." I tried to assure him as best as I can. With the fakest smile I can muster. 

Then I tried to do some basic warm-up exercises like jumping jacks which honestly hurt and some twisting and turning of my waist. My butt though is still aching but I wouldn't tell him that. 

"Okay. If you say so. Then let me take you to dinner as my apology." He offered.

I almost decline if not for my crumbling stomach. 

"Sure, Phi. Lead the way." 

I tell him that but honestly, I'm thinking of a thousand ways I can run away from him. 

--

While waiting for our orders, Phi noticed my discomfort.

"Are you really okay?" He asked. His tone getting more and more serious and worried.

"Phi, I told you I'm fine." I assured him again while I noticed an approaching person from the corner of my eye. 

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have done that. Is your backside hurting?" He asked innocently as the person who turned out to be a female waiter reached our table and started putting our food down.

I tried looking for a hole where I can jump in and bury myself. 

"I was too rash. I'm really, really sorry. I'll be more careful next time." P'Prapai added.

My cheeks are slightly turning pink. I can feel it. 

I just nodded and try not to encourage him to speak any further. 

"Maybe we need to get you butt checked." My senior wondered out loud. The waitress seemed to be working in slow motion, she's still in our table arranging the very few utensils on top of some napkin. 

"Phi, t-that's not necessary." I replied. Bullets of sweat forming on the side of my head. 

The waitress finally finished and asked us if we need anything more to which I quickly said no and thanked her. 

I ordered steak and am cutting it now but really, I'd like to use this sharp knife on someone else. 

"Is there something on my face?" P'Prapai asked when he noticed me giving him the if-looks-could-kill-you-are-having-a-funeral-now kind of look.

"No, Phi. You just looked fine today." I said as an excuse which I readily regretted. 

For after that, instead of being able to end the night without needing to murder anyone, P'Prapai just asked me to watch a movie with him. 

So like what a killer would do, I said yes and choose a scary, suspense-filled, action-packed horror film which will help me cover the sounds of screams. 

Kidding aside, I tried to say no but let's say he was persuasive. Guess I will really have to watch the film, 'Letters to Juliet' after all. 

***

A/N: 

What do you guys think?