143

A/N:

Teary-Tuesday.

Third-person perspective and another standalone one-shot.

***

"Sky!!!!!" Rain was screaming at the top of his lungs first thing in the morning.

"Hi, Rain. What's wrong?"

Sky looked at his friend with his calm, expressionless, and recently dull eyes. Prapai hasn't bothered him in a week. And to Sky, it only meant one thing: the older had finally gotten tired of him. Nothing new. Everybody does at some point. Sky had no expectations whatsoever, or at least that's what he'd like to think and forcefully feed to his tired heart and aching head.

If you never jump, you'll never fall. If you never entertained any hopes in the beginning, nothing can crush your heart. If you never opened the door, it's impossible for someone to enter and leave.

Yet they still happen.

"Sky, you okay?" Rain asked after noticing that his friend hasn't responded to him.

Sky was jolted back to the present.

"Yeah, I am. What was that again?"

"I said help me pen a letter for P'Payu. His birthday is coming up and I'd like to give him a letter along with my gift." Rain said with a twinkle in his innocent, love-infested eyes and Sky can't help but flinch a little.

Ugh, love letters again. Shouldn't they be outdated and extinct by now? Sky thought to himself.

"Just buy a card and say something like, 'I love you' or whatever after greeting him 'Happy Birthday'. P'Payu will get ecstatic no matter what you say in the letter anyway."

"Isn't that too simple and not creative in the least? It sounded lazy too. Help me come up with something else. Please." Then there goes his friend's cute puppy eyes.

Sky is a dog person and can't, for the life of him, say no to a cute dog, literal or similar to one so he finally agreed.

"Sure. What would you like to say?"

It doesn't mean he doesn't find it odd though. And downright weird. Like, really?

Why does everyone asks him to help them with their love letters? Everything he comes up with are cheesy at best and were next level cringeworthy.

Rain stopped and tried thinking hard about it.

When a few minutes passed, Sky offered. "How about starting it with a snippet or like a short poem with maybe four lines or so?"

Rain smiled. "But what will it be about?"

"Hm...let's say something like, 'I can't live without you.' But let's try the toned-down version so it doesn't sound too clingy and creepy. How about that?"

Sky is just blabbing whatever non-sense comes to mind at this point.

"Must it be toned-down?" Rain asked.

Sky just looked at him like he was some cake with ketchup on top instead of the classic, pretty icing stuffs.

"Let's try this first, okay? You can edit it to your liking afterwards."

"Sure." Rain finally agreed.

Sky started scribbling something on a piece of post-it note, crumpled it, then started writing a sentence, tries hard to remember some ancient poem or a line from one of Shakespeare's works, looks unsatisfied with it and crumples the paper again.

All the while, Rain was silently observing him.

Then an idea came to mind and Sky wrote again but with more certainty this time. When he's done, Sky handed Rain the green post-it note.

Roses are red,

Violets are blue.

Nectars are what bees desire,

You are for me to devour.

Rain had a stunned look after reading what Sky came up with.

"What happened with, 'I can't live without you'? And I thought we agreed to tone-it down, no?" Rain said.

"Yeah, but I figured you would prefer this." Sky replied with a mischievous wink.

Rain swallowed hard.

Sky knew he was the one getting devoured and not the other way around but his friend just had to phrase the poem this way. His Phi will definitely not take it kindly.

"You're welcome." Sky said after turning his back to his friend to go to his class.

The class was sleepy at best but Sky managed not to yawn as much. Probably only after every minute or so and he considers it a win.

After that one-big lullaby of a class was dismissed, Sky had no other ones and decided to head back to his place when he noticed someone running to him.

It was another classmate of his from their English Lit class.

"Sky! Wait."

Sky stopped as he waits for his friend to catch his breath first.

"I need help." He managed to say in between some aggressive intakes of air.

"What about?" Sky asked.

When his friend is already breathing normally, he showed Sky his incomplete work.

Their professor in that subject was a bit of the eccentric kind and when students ask him for extra points or projects to maintain their grades, he would always ask them to write literary confessions. Like, imagine if you are Romeo and you would give Juliet a love letter, how will it turn out to be kind of projects.

Sky had the reputation of getting extra credits this way and so his classmates would always ask him for his advice.

After reading what his classmate wrote, Sky gave him a thumbs up and said:

"I think it's fine. You can just submit it as it is."

"You think so? But why do I feel like something is missing?" His classmate said as he wonders what it is.

"Then maybe you could add something like, 'The Sun doesn't need the Earth nor the other planets as much as they need him, but you to me is like the air I'm breathing'. or something else." Sky said.

Then his classmate smiled and hugged him.

"Yeah, that's it. I'll use it. Thank you Shakespeare." Then made a run like his life depended on it.

Sky felt the hairs on his nape stand up. Cheesy as hell and his classmate still liked it. What's wrong with these people?

Sky just shaked his head and went home.

When he reached his dorm though, a bouquet was placed on his door. Reaching down for it, Sky bent down and grabbed it. While doing so, a card fell. When he opened it, the message made Sky tear up in relief.

"I love you."

From: The guy who will never get tired of you.

And Sky hugged the flowers to his bosom. Still crying ugly, relieved tears. It was never the words. It was always the feelings behind them.

***

A peace offering since the last one was a bit sad.