Arrow Pt. 3

A/N:

I re-arranged the chapters a bit so all the chapters under Arrow are in order.  I also put them last coz I don't plan on releasing more one-shots at the moment. Instead, I want to focus on this short story. Emphasis is on the word 'plan'. I am a fickle person. And my plans can change in a heartbeat. My apologies in advance. 

_

In this chapter, Pai and Payu decided to go undercover and visit the mortal world. 

***

"So what, now?" Prapai asked as both he and Payu stood outside the university gate where Sky is studying. 

"We're here to do recon and get to know the beloved  better. 

(Beloved- This is the term cupids use in this story to refer to the person they are tasked to match with someone else) 

"The unwilling beloved, to be exact."-Prapai

"No one's asking the specifics." -Payu

"I just feel like talking because I have a mouth."-Prapai

"Sometimes I also feel like punching someone just because I have a fist."-Payu

"Can't believe we're doing this."

Payu sighed and faced the younger. 

"Don't take it personally, cousin. We're here to work. Unfortunately, this is what it is. Best thing we can do for him is get on the clear on his preferences so we can find a suitable match." Payu explained. It also didn't sit well with him to be forcing this on anyone but men need to work and cupids had to match people. It's all just a part of their job.

Prapai shook his head but accepted the inevitable.

"So, who we are today?"-Prapai

"Let's stick with the profiles Rain prepared."-Payu

"And that is?"-Prapai

"We're from Hallmark, apparently a greeting card making company and that we're here to conduct a would-you-rather survey of sorts."-Payu

"While stripped of our godly essence and under the blazing midday sun?"-Prapai

"Don't ask the obvious."-Payu

"Wearing suits, really?" The sarcasm was dripping from Pai's question.

"Rain's idea. You know how he love uniforms and being well-dressed, right? If not this, he wanted us to wear racer suits. I need to pick the lesser evil and something more related to the task at hand. Moreover, we look more professional and dashing this way."

"I don't know why a greeting card company would fund a 'would-you-rather survey' but I'm sure as hell it won't take us an hour to get baked in this attire. And who conducts a survey in suits? This is an overkill."-Prapai

"Then move your lazy a** and look for the beloved. The sooner we get this done, the sooner we can get out of these suits."

"Yeah, yeah. Working on it now." 

(A/N: What I had in mind is, demigods have exceptional senses and inhumane capabilities but when visiting Earth they need to cover up/be stripped of their godly essence because in Greek Myth, mortals can't look at gods, that's why Zeus had to sometimes pretend to be an animal because if not, the mortals won't be able to take it and they will perish.)

"10 meters away, headed towards our direction."-Prapai

"Good. Now take this. It's the questionnaire. I'll do the asking you take notes, write only IMPORTANT points. Don't let me see a doodle there or some non-work related sh*t."