Rewind

A/N:

Random.

Sky's perspective. 

***

His name means the wind. Very fitting. 

A womanizer.

He comes and goes as he pleases. Without leaving a trace. 

Like he's never been there. Like his flesh hasn't touched those silken sheets. Like his feet never walked those carpeted floors.

His deal lasts for a night. His caresses stop at the strike of midnight. He leaves before dawn.

I left him before dawn.

"Bastard." I muttered under my breath before the glass doors of the same hotel lobby I entered a few long hours ago. My own reflection staring back at me. 

Men are all the same. I figured that out a long time ago. And like him and the many others, I'm now a bastard too. Someone who stays for the night but is nowhere to be found come morning light.

Or so I think. 

A few days later,  the same person showed up at my university. 

"Hi handsome." He said by way of a greeting. 

Annoying.

"Let's grab something to eat." He said some more.

I walked passed him and pretended to hear nothing but the wind. 

"Hey, I said let's get something to eat."

Ugh. Noisy wind.

"Please."

I continue to walk. He too, I thought, will get bored. Everyone does.

"So you won't talk? Not a problem. I can talk to myself." He said but grabbed my wrist. 

I frowned at him. 

I thought you can talk to yourself?

"I really can. You'll see. But first let's eat. I'm really hungry. I've been camping here since early this morning. I have never done something like this before. Heck, I don't even camp outside an Apple Store for an iPhone." He added while urging me to go with him. 

Whatever.

"So, what are you having?" He said the second we sat at the nearby stall outside uni. It was a simple makeshift ramen stall.

I stare at him dumfounded.

For someone who has the 'shiny things' in life and a bastard who can book a luxurious hotel room at a whim, his choice of breakfast is . . . let me just say unexpected. Or more like awe-inspiring.

When I didn't answer his question because of the state of shock I'm currently in, said annoying bastard smirked and said, "If you won't choose something from their menu, I might misunderstand and think that you'll rather have me for breakfast. Is that alright with you?" He asked in a voice dripping with nauseating fake innocence.

I randomly point at something on the menu board.

The annoying bastard chuckled. He ordered two of whatever I choose and asked for drinks too.

When his orders arrived, two bowls of 'tomato ramen' were placed on the table along with two glasses of iced coffee.

"Let's eat."

After that breakfast, the annoying bastard continued to drop by. Every. Freaking. Day. Always pestering me to eat with him while paying for everything. 

This too shall pass. This too will end. He too will get bored.

When the mantra came true, it drained the life out of me. 

I saw a fellow student hand him a bouquet which the annoying bastard happily accepted. I stand rooted on my spot. 

There. 

My words finally came true.

A win that didn't feel much of a victory brought unexplainable feelings. 

Was it hurt?

Was it disappointment?

Or was I just imagining things?

I stare at them for who knows how long.

Someone pressed the paused button and I was unable to move. Frozen in the moment. Cold in regret. 

If I had hoped for the better, will it end in a happy ever after?

Fast forward the tears are streaming.

I dropped the books I'm holding.

Shocked, the people turned towards my direction in surprise.

When he finally realized it was me, he immediately walked towards my frozen statue. 

The worried look melted the ice. 

But the tears were there. My books were lying on the floor. And my heart was bared for him to see. 

"Play it cool, play it cool." Instructed my head and so my feet turned to leave. 

But he grabbed me and kissed me senseless.

He kissed me gentle and kissed me slow. 

And once we can both breathe normally again, he said, 

"Delete the rest and only put this on rewind, 'I love you'."

***

A/N:

I edit out the 'END' cause I'm thinking of like a follow-up/part 2.

Let me know what you guys think.

11.24.22

THUR