Reveal

Jay was trying his best to stay calm.

Calm...

Calm

CALM

Unfortunately for him, that wasn't an option anymore.
He had had his doubts about his boyfriend ever since the morning, as Jungwon hadn't texted him. He always texted him. Even if was just an emoji.
Then his mother had dropped a bomb on him and the only thing that kept him from going absolutely insane was the prospect of seeing Jungwon at school and telling him too.

Which didn't happen.

Jay had breathed deeply, trying to convince himself that Jungwon was simply late.

He simply forgot to set his alarm, nothing more.
No reason to freak out. It happens to everyone.
He'll be here any second, out of breath because he had to run.
Or maybe he's sick, and he's simply asleep for now. Resting.

The home teacher arrived in the classroom. All the students reached their chairs and stayed silent, waiting for the teacher to call their names to mark presences.
People had noticed the Alpha's absence. After all, Jungwon had become quite the celebrity, being the only Alpha of this Awakening. The teacher finally reached Jungwon's name on his list and frowned as he noticed the latter was missing.

Jay heard him mumbling that he hadn't been informed about that and saw him writing something down.

Which means Jungwon isn't sick. He would have called the school.

The thought of a sick Jungwon trying his best to call the school and let them know he wouldn't attend today would have almost been cute, if the latter wasn't literally missing.

First period passed by, without any signs of Jay's other half.
The Omega had sent the latter a lot of texts, still unseen by Jungwon.

All of Jay's efforts to stay positive and trying to rationalize his fears were crumbling around him.
Jungwon was nowhere to be seen.

On the day I need him most...

Jay couldn't even think about his classes. It seemed that every single word uttered by his teacher had no meaning.
Nothing mattered.
Nothing made sense.
Jay's world had been turned upside down, and school was nothing compared to the rest.

The Omega just needed Jungwon.

He had and important matter to discuss and couldn't wait any longer. He craved Jungwon's warmth, his words and hugs.
They had become more important than oxygen by now.

So the young man simply left his school, not caring about the consequences. The home teacher would definitely call his mom as soon as his absence would be notified, but who cared?

~

Jay had managed to sneak out school quite easily . He had ridden his bike until Jungwon's building as fast as he could, only to notice Jungwon's bike parked in its usual spot.

He is home.

However, his heart didn't believe that thought.
There was something going on, Jay could feel it in his gut.

The Omega pressed the doorbell several times, and Jungwon never answered. Jay's level of stress was growing stronger and stronger. So much so that he had to sit down.
Everything was too overwhelming.

What happened ?

If Jungwon was sick, he would have heard the bell.
He isn't home.

Where is he?

A dark thought ran through Jay's mind, but the latter decided to ignore it.

No. Jungwon hadn't been caught.

They had been so careful.

What if it's link to what mom said?
What if it's because I'm...

Jay's heart almost stopped when he felt his phone vibrating in his pocket.
A wave of relief had already begun to spread through his veins, until he saw that it wasn't Jungwon calling him.

It was Soobin.

Jay really wasn't in the mood, but it was Soobin.
He accepted the call.

"Hey" he said, hearing Soobin's loud breathing.
"Where are you?" asked the latter. "I ran through the whole school to find you. And now I'm illegally using my phone because of you."

Soobin was traumatized of using his phone during school ever since a teacher had caught him texting Beomgyu some months ago and he had to go through the week without it.

"Look" said Jay. "It's complicated."
"Get there faster, please" asked Soobin.

Thing was, Jay couldn't reveal what was really going on.

"I.. uh.. I couldn't stay at school" he said, trying not to lie. "I've... I've received some news in the morning and I uhm.. I need to deal with them now."
"What?" What happened?" asked Soobin, sincerely worried for Jay.

Jay breathed deeper. To be honest, he hadn't taken the time to think about it.
He didn't want to think about it.

Somehow, it felt like it changed everything and nothing at the same time.
It felt like he always knew, but somehow it shocked him as well.

Mostly, he was scared that as soon as he'd admit it out loud, it would make it real.

And he wanted Jungwon to help him dealing with it all.

But Soobin is my best friend.
I trust him.

With a sigh, Jay made his decision. He closed his eyes and went for it.

"I'm adopted" he whispered.