𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐋𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫

(Art by @ sirenvicc01 on Instagram)

★ ★ ★

‼️TW‼️
Usage of Guns, Death Threats

‼️TW‼️Usage of Guns, Death Threats

(Y/N)

»(Y/N)«, the white haired man said.

So Kakucho told him my name already? What a bummer! Or maybe it isn't that bad...the COD gave me the name Seven. I would feel kind of uncomfortable to be called like that still, now that they abandoned me.

»And who are you?«, you replied calmly.

»Oi oi oi, don't talk that informal to our boss, you disrespectful slu-«

»Quit it, Sanzu.«, the white haired man trounced the guy with the pink mullet and the scars on the edges of his mouth.

Oh so this one is named Sanzu and the smaller one is the boss here...Wait, that is Bonten's boss?!

Sanzu clicked his tongue and murmured an apology, while averting his gaze. The upcoming silence was unbearable.

Ah, fuck it. They probably already know I'm a spy of the COD.

»So«, you spoke up. »My name is (Y/N). As I took the risk to come here into your headquarters and introduce myself, would you care to tell me your names as well?«

You took a look around the room, before focusing on the so called boss in front of you again.

»You only told us your first name though«, the man on the right sofa spoke up, puffing out smoke while bending forward to put out his cigarette in the ash tray which was placed on the table.

You sighed and pondered whether you should tell them that you didn't know your real last name. Yet, you decided otherwise. »It's Kibe«, you stated. »That is the name of my father, who happens to also be the boss of the COD. That abandoned me today. So, I'd prefer to be called by my first name. If we're ever gonna talk, that means.«

At first no one said anything. The slender man with the long white hair at the bar took a sip from the glass in his hand. Sanzu went towards the large window, flatted his waistcoat with a smooth hand movement, and then put his hands in his pockets.

It seemed like everyone was waiting for the boss to give the next instruction, but he was just eyeing you for a while. As if he wanted to say something, yet hesitated to do so. Reading this man's expression was really kind of tricky due to his dead eyes and the fact that you didn't know anything about him.

Why does his presence stir something up inside of me then?

»(Y/N), come with me.«, he turned around and calmly walked towards the door he came from. Hesitantly you followed him, glancing back over your shoulder to Kakucho who was returning the look.

Was it the right decision to ask him for help? I don't like the idea of owing him something now.

The boss closed the door behind you and gestured you to take a seat on a chair in front of a bureau. He himself sat on top of said desk.

»Usually this is Koko's room.«, he explained and you wondered what he was up to, giving you such information.

Who is Koko?

»I'm usually with him though, looking outside that large window or eating Dorayaki.«

Dorayaki?

»He and Kakucho annoy me the least from my subordinates. Koko's work is one of a kind, still I feel like something was missing since I'm a kid.«

»What do you want to tell me with this?«, you asked boldly.

He looked you deep in the eye and it made you feel uncomfortable but calm at the same time. You wanted to avert you gaze, yet you were way too proud to actually look away first.

»Let's make it short then.«, he stood up and, now standing right in front of you, took a gun from behind his back and pointed it's barrel at your forehead.

»I will be the one to kill you.«, he said in a cold voice.

Wait, no, I'm better than that! How did I not realise he had a weapon all this time? Now I really kind of deserve to be shot by him. How could I be so unobservant?

While scolding yourself, suddenly another thought occurred in your mind.

He hasn't released the security of the gun yet, has he?

You took the risk, as you quickly knocked the gun out of his hand with your elbow, then drew your own. Or at least you wanted to, but it wasn't where it usually belonged to.

Oh shit, I left it in the park yesterday. I'm lucky that I was wearing gloves...alright! Plan B.

You chose physical violence instead, but before you were able to strike your own punch at the man, he already reacted. His leg shot up and you just managed to dodge it in time. Still it made you slide a few meters to your right.

Hold on. I'm pretty good at dodging and my speed is mesmerizing as well, but this kick totally came out of the blue. How was it possible for me to dodge it? It almost seemed as if my body acted on it's own! As if this was a familiar movement or something.

You wanted to get into fighting stance again but your opponent was faster. The man pushed you against the wall with his left forearm against your throat and the barrel of a gun held against the side of your head.

»Pathetic«, he almost spit that word in your face and released the weapon's safety.

You gulped, then took a short glance behind him and realised that he must have picked up the one you kicked out of his hand just a moment ago.

How is he so fast? That's nearly inhuman!

You sighed, then arrogantly smiled at him and replied: »I admit my defeat.«

»Tell me why I shouldn't kill you right here and now, (Y/N)«

★ ★ ★

I am currently in kind of a „writer's high", as I keep writing these chapters all day every day!

I'm happy that I finally brought myself to put my heart into a Fanfiction and I already have planned some more.

The Dark Menace-Arc concludes with the next chapter and I am already so excited for the one following!

Karma

★ ★ ★