𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟒: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐁𝐞𝐭

(Fanart by: @ luvluvluv06 on Twitter)

★ ★ ★

‼️TW‼️
Mentions of Guns

TWO WEEKS LATERJuly 12th, 2017

TWO WEEKS LATER
July 12th, 2017

(Y/N)

Kokonoi's favour shocked you to say the least. Even though you told Takeomi about your amnesia, you wouldn't expect him to tell the Treasurer right away. Still, you were asking yourself if Koko knew about it even beforehand, since he had told about wanting to ask you a favour even before the party Bonten threw for you. When you asked Koko for the reason why he wanted you to find out about your past, he simply replied: „I think it might help us find our enemy."

„How so?", you had asked.

„(Y/N), just think about it. Maybe that person is someone from you past. It's very unlikely, still not impossible. But even if that's not the case, he might find out about your past and it would be dangerous if he knew more about you than you yourself, wouldn't it?"

You hated to admit it but he was right. For years you were sure that you never wanted to look back and find out about what happened back then; you thought it would be better to let bygones be bygones. Yet, it never occurred to you that this probably was one of your weakest points. A weapon, of which only someone else was able to pull the trigger, while your nescience would make you incapable of action.

Right now, you were standing inside an extremely expensive looking penthouse, which you just had entered. »Kokonoi has arranged that your clothes will arrive here in the afternoon.«, the older Haitani brother explained to you. He was placing his hand carefully on your lower back, leading you gently towards the kitchen.

»Ahhh«, you were too overwhelmed to say more. The brothers' living room had a view which was even more breathtaking than the one in the HQ.

»I will have to excuse myself as well for now«, Ran continued and you looked at him.

»Criminal businesses?«

»Always, Sweetheart. At least I have to make sure that I can keep this life standard somehow. Wanna watch a movie together tonight?«

»Together with your brother?«, you weren't really convinced to agree yet.

»Did you still not warm up to him?«, Ran asked, his gaze half amused, half worried.

»We will be fine, I guess. He's just...«, you sighed. »...sometimes I feel like I was a younger sibling in another life. Maybe we're just too similar.«

Ran grinned lazily. »Well, you'll have enough time to get to know each other better now that I have to leave.«

Oh damn. This is gonna be a looooong day.